ITT I write you a story (for the truely bored)

here we go:

Harlan Ellison completed his screenplay adaptation of Isaac Asimov's collected robot series, I, Robot, in 1978. Almost a decade later, with the screenplay still unfilmed, Ellison and Asimov agreed to serialize it in the pages of Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine. It ran in three issues in late 1987. Asimov wrote a foreword that accompanied the first part of the serialization. It is reprinted here, along with a new introduction from Ellison, to give readers an historical context for the screenplay, and an insight into its creation.

elpmis said:
here we go:

Harlan Ellison completed his screenplay adaptation of Isaac Asimov's collected robot series, I, Robot, in 1978. Almost a decade later, with the screenplay still unfilmed, Ellison and Asimov agreed to serialize it in the pages of Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine. It ran in three issues in late 1987. Asimov wrote a foreword that accompanied the first part of the serialization. It is reprinted here, along with a new introduction from Ellison, to give readers an historical context for the screenplay, and an insight into its creation.

That's fine, and no, I didn't mean "like I, Robot" either. There's some real gems in some of Ellison's older work, mainly short stories.

BigDov said:
Oh god- you can't take the glamorized Hollywood version of ANY story for face value. Read some Ellison sometime, you'll see what I mean.
I will man, thanks, the only thing of his I have ever read was 'I have no mouth and I must scream'

I loved it too, don't know why I never got into more of his stuff