ITT: I rant about computers

http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=410

it'll do the trick just fine I'm sure.

other than the vid card and an OEM copy of windows is the above going to work together? Do I need a special heat sink or does the case and mobo have what I need to go?>

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116493

that's not cheap.

Are there still issues with 64 bit and drivers? I figure that it's all been out for long enough I can't imagine that it would be an issue. I pretty much use WoW firefox and iTunes.

Last edited:
Should I still go with 64 bit? If so recommend me an intel CPU and mobo to go with it.

I'm really not sure if all of the stuff I picked actually matches and will work together. Thus my constant requests for feedback.

if you're going to go with XP, I recommend sticking with the 32 bit version (will still run on a 64 bit processor). My last experience with 64 bit XP was that it can be a pain in the ass to get the right drivers. That was 6 months ago though, so things may have improved.

Just take a photo of the slot your current video card is in and we'll tell you if it'll work.

Ahh, I see.

Don't worry about all that 64-bit stuff then until it comes to the OS choice.

I figure that 64 bit is faster than x86 and if I have the CPU for it I figured why the hell not get vista premium 64 bit. The only issue I see with going to 64 bit is some of the issues that I heard back when it came out: lack of driver and software support.

if you're going to go with XP, I recommend sticking with the 32 bit version (will still run on a 64 bit processor). My last experience with 64 bit XP was that it can be a pain in the ass to get the right drivers. That was 6 months ago though, so things may have improved.

Just take a photo of the slot your current video card is in and we'll tell you if it'll work.

it's been that way for like 6 years for xp64...the only real benefit is being able to address more than 4gb of ram

I'm ready for vista though. Should I just go with 32 bit or go ahead with the 64?