Thread ITT: Domon Mines your PII - How much do you pay for healthcare?

thats a really bad reason to get married.

Also, you're about to be replaced just for that post. Just so you know. Im quoting it so you cant take it back. Prepare for a life of destitution. Or prostitution.
Oh don't be so fucking romantic.

Marriage is basically a contract for property rights and tax benefits.
Because you should get married because you want to, not to get on someone's insurance.
We have the commitment to each other and just don't need the piece of paper to "prove" it to others. Marriage has always been not important to us.
So, why not spend $100 at the local courthouse in order to get on insurance which could potentially save them thousands?
Right?

Oh don't be so fucking romantic.

Marriage is basically a contract for property rights and tax benefits.

We have the commitment to each other and just don't need the piece of paper to "prove" it to others. Marriage has always been not important to us.

Right?

I only ever hear you rage against it :p I wonder if zac feels the same.

I'm not particularly a fan of the idea, but if it makes sense for our life choices then so be it.

Zac and I are on the same page completely.

It's not about wants, it's about necessity.

It's easy. You end up responsible for your own healthcare, which is a good thing and something this country needs more of. HSA + HDHP. Bascially you build up a health savings account (tax free + it earns interest), then you get a high deductible plan (say $10k).

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2013/01/21/exposed-the-mmm-familys-2012-spending/

They spent $2k on health insurance last year.

Just get your HSA up. That was the plan from the get go I thought?

I think Zac should marry an immigrant for a large sum of money in a sham marriage (preferably one with health insurance), and then you should do the same.

You'd double your money. Sound investment, right up @fly's scamtacular alley.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Zac should marry an immigrant for a large sum of money in a sham marriage (preferably one with health insurance), and then you should do the same.

You'd double your money. Sound investment, right up @fly's scamtacular alley.

Hmm... Okay!

Sanctity of marriage. Ha!

somehow, i think we may be jabbing a little too far today :/

Goodluckwithstuffsnadhealthandnotdyingandstuffs @APRIL