Thread ITT: Domon Mines your PII - How much do you pay for healthcare?

Don't drink and do drugs

That sounds like the people standing around while I had my seizure were saying, so says my friend. That maybe I shouldn't have had so much to drink.... While I did have the seizure at a bar, I hadn't had anything to drink for a week nor had I had a chance to order anything.

LOL @ general public dumb asses, look at the click seizing, she must be abusing herself.

That sounds like the people standing around while I had my seizure were saying, so says my friend. That maybe I shouldn't have had so much to drink.... While I did have the seizure at a bar, I hadn't had anything to drink for a week nor had I had a chance to order anything.

LOL @ general public dumb asses, look at the click seizing, she must be abusing herself.

overdose on cats is my personal diagnosis. Just so you're aware.

your doctor is wrong.

Exactly. EVERYONE should have to pay for healthcare. Then people would become good healthcare consumers and reduce costs for everyone.

It's a nice theory, but there's a lot of people that simply can't afford it. They are already living paycheck to paycheck and choosing which bills to pay. I doubt they are suddenly going to come up with an extra $300-$400 a month and decide to give it to healthcare costs. And we aren't a country of people that will leave a man bleeding to death on the doorstep of a hospital because he doesn't have health insurance.

It's a nice theory, but there's a lot of people that simply can't afford it. They are already living paycheck to paycheck and choosing which bills to pay. I doubt they are suddenly going to come up with an extra $300-$400 a month and decide to give it to healthcare costs. And we aren't a country of people that will leave a man bleeding to death on the doorstep of a hospital because he doesn't have health insurance.

The poor don't deserve health care.

/troll

You could find each and every one of these problem in US healthcare as well.

im entirely too lazy to make counterpoints to every one of these, but ill make one for one.

In 2009, and its only gotten worse, the average US wait time in the ER is 4 hours an 9 minutes. My personal data point confirms this, i waited about 5 hours before a doctor actually got to me when i partially severed my finger (no small injury, one that actually did require emergency service). Since i came in on the ambulance, i was in a room right away, but then i sat 2 hours waiting for an x-ray, and approximately another 3 waiting for a doctor to put stitches in. All the care i had received until that point was compression and bandage in the ambulance.

Clearly you are poor in this country.

See above.

Clearly you are poor in this country.

See above.

well shit! thanks for letting me know.

Ill have to go home and beat my kids and become an alcoholic now.

Also, illl have to get rid of my house and go find a trailer to live in.

well shit! thanks for letting me know.

Ill have to go home and beat my kids and become an alcoholic now.

Also, illl have to get rid of my house and go find a trailer to live in.

Hope you like NASCAR!

Exactly. EVERYONE should have to pay for healthcare. Then people would become good healthcare consumers and reduce costs for everyone.

Yeah that's not what I meant. More like EVERYONE should have access to decent care regardless of their ability to pay. Costs will not be reduced because people would become "good healthcare consumers".

Randian fantasy world.

I have crappy Aetna Student Health through my school.
It's $1,716 a year, which works out to $143 a month. If I want anything covered, I have to drive an hour to get it looked at in the student health center on campus first. Obviously, this plan is meant more for folks who live on campus, which I do not, but it was more affordable than going on my husband's plan.

The one nice thing is my ladydoctor visits- as long as they take Aetna, I can go to my yearly there and it's covered, it's the one instance of a regular visit where I don't have to go to the student health center first. I adore my GYN and would not want to switch, especially not to some random campus health center.

Also, if I was more than 50 miles away from campus, I wouldn't need to go there first, but I'm like 45 miles away, and all my doctors are at the hospital right next to my house, so I can't keep seeing them. Bummerrrrrr.

So yeah, as long as I go the the student health center, most routine stuff is covered either 100% or 100% after a tiny copay (like $8-$15, depending), including allergy shots and vaccines and stuff.
Most years, though, I only go to the one doc once a year to get my cervix peeped at, so I kind of hate spending money on the insurance that I know I'm probably not going to use, but it's nice to know I have it in case I DO need it.

Also really, really glad you posted this because I needed to re-sign up for it, and had I waited another 5 days I'd be SOL, so thanks :lol:

Of course. But those people don't have healthcare now. The people that DO have it for work would see a pay increase since it would be decoupled with employment.