Hawt ITT: Airlines quit being dumb.

This is the best news I've heard all day. I've been rebelling and not turning anything off for ages. I'd close the cover to my tablet when the crew would walk by and open it back up and keep on reading. Stupid rules.

This is why you do not follow the rules. :p

I always thought they wanted electronics put away during takeoff/landing because they didn't want them to become projectiles in the event of a crash.

And the "might affect the plane" was a white lie they told, because telling the truth would give people nightmares of plane crashes and people being beheaded by flying laptops.

I always thought they wanted electronics put away during takeoff/landing because they didn't want them to become projectiles in the event of a crash.

And the "might affect the plane" was a white lie they told, because telling the truth would give people nightmares of plane crashes and people being beheaded by flying laptops.

Not sure a laptop or tablet is going to be much of a concern during a plane crash.

This is the best news I've heard all day. I've been rebelling and not turning anything off for ages. I'd close the cover to my tablet when the crew would walk by and open it back up and keep on reading. Stupid rules.

This is why you do not follow the rules. :p

ur such a rebel

I think my Kindle is a lot more safe than the hard back copy of quite a few books I have on there (Lord of the Rings for example)

Not sure a laptop or tablet is going to be much of a concern during a plane crash.
If you fly into a cliff, into the ocean or similar, everyone's fucked, it's not really a concern.

But if a plane fails to take off for whatever reason or crashes shortly afterwards, greatly overshoots a runway on landing, has a landing gear failure or whatever, you could have a largely survivable crash - but with quick deceleration that'll send shit flying.

If you fly into a cliff, into the ocean or similar, everyone's fucked, it's not really a concern.

But if a plane fails to take off for whatever reason or crashes shortly afterwards, greatly overshoots a runway on landing, has a landing gear failure or whatever, you could have a largely survivable crash - but with quick deceleration that'll send shit flying.

Yeah but there is tons of other stuff in the cabin that it's secured. Handbags come to mind.

getting hit in the head with a phone isnt going to kill anyone. itll hurt, but no more than most things.

getting hit in the head with a phone isnt going to kill anyone. itll hurt, but no more than most things.

Well a phone could kill someone by flying into their head. Likelihood is anyone's guess though.