Thread It's really sad I'm nostalgic about the year 2009

I'm on Boulder, CO this weekend, looking at the same crap.

The city is bulldozing the "light industrial" zone in town (which houses all the small businesses and industries a city needs to be a city) and putting up squat, ugly little 1500 sq. ft. "affordable housing" apartment blocks that are gonna sell between 750 and 900k.
Are you moving?

For me it's been "the years where family divides finally became too wide to bother crossing. Besides, death might be waiting there with their unmasked, unvaccinated asses.
I've never really gotten into the whole vaccinated/unvaccinated debate. I just assume if people care enough about their own lives and those around them they'd take the damn vaccine.

Even if the vaccine is malicious it's not like you're the only one that is going to suffer either.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: wetwillie and fly
I know. But they're all good little drones now in Austin and Boulder, working at tech giants for 60 hours a week, renting itty bitty efficiencies with no garage, no car, just a bicycle, a laptop, and a smart phone.

Public transpo pretty well sucks here for that kinda thing. You really need a car here, or a shitload of money for uber's.

Whenever Samsung or Apple or whoever builds more facility, apartment complexes go up next door, the majority of the residents working at the tech place next door. Throw in a starbucks, a hair salon, a couple food trucks, instacart, and door dash and they don't really have to go anywhere.