Thread It's really sad I'm nostalgic about the year 2009

Music&Chill

Half-staff Member
Dec 4, 2021
Marklar
₥0
Asher Roth, Year One, My Chemical Romance being main focuses of the year (many more I can't be bothered mentioning).

Yet I'm sitting here feeling nostalgic for those days.

Also sup Nonewbs crew.

That's like $400,000 in 2020 currency
The variable is I was in suburban Boston. We were looking at postwar ranch houses in places like South Framingham for $300,000 ($800,000 in today's empty Fiat monies?).
Crap radon mold houses in bad school districts.
We're finally in a decent school district. Playing with the idea of yanking the twins from charter school and enrolling them within the new school district.
Sadly even in 2010 one wasn't middle class in Boston with a household income approaching $200,000.00. These days a million in Boston buys a small two bedroom condo.

The variable is I was in suburban Boston. We were looking at postwar ranch houses in places like South Framingham for $300,000 ($800,000 in today's empty Fiat monies?).
Crap radon mold houses in bad school districts.
We're finally in a decent school district. Playing with the idea of yanking the twins from charter school and enrolling them within the new school district.
Sadly even in 2010 one wasn't middle class in Boston with a household income approaching $200,000.00. These days a million in Boston buys a small two bedroom condo.
I'm on Boulder, CO this weekend, looking at the same crap.

The city is bulldozing the "light industrial" zone in town (which houses all the small businesses and industries a city needs to be a city) and putting up squat, ugly little 1500 sq. ft. "affordable housing" apartment blocks that are gonna sell between 750 and 900k.