It's Pot Roast night at Bill's

Valve1138

I like the AB in the GB
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
₥70,389
The weather here in Portland Maine sucks. Cold, rainy, and later it will be snowing too. So it's a good pot roast night.

I like to use the McCormick "Pot Roast Bag 'n' Season" method for making pot roast.

bag-n-season.jpg

Here's all the stuff.

stuff.jpg

The recipe calls for 4 cups of vegetables. But not on my watch, load that fucker up!

I've got:

6 celery stalks cut into pieces
half a bag of peeled small carrots
One large sweet onion cut into eight piece
Two cans of Small Whole New Potatoes which are really tastey
And of course a 3.3 pound round Pot Roast

in-the-bag.jpg

The key to all this is the seasoning. You add the dry mix to 1/4 cup of water. I wisk it with a fork to break up the lumps.

seasoning.jpg

Here it all is, in the bag, seasoning added. One trick I like to do is after I poor the seasoning in, I twist the bag closed and shake it a bit to get the liquid all over everything. Then tie it up and it's ready to go into the oven at 350.

ready-to-go.jpg

Should be 1:30 to 2:00 hours to cook. I've got my trusty instant-read thermometer to check the temp.

Last edited:
Fat Burger said:
Holy shit, what are the odds of two UF members who live in Portland both making pot roast in a bag on the same night?

your wife let you out of the kitchen to post?

I want some pot. The food looks good too. Actually I'd be happy just going back to bed. When did going to bed become my favorite part of my day? I guess becuase I never go to bed early enough.

I'd kill a man for a good prime rib right now. The delicious pot roast isn't helping matters any.