It's.....over?

eileenbunny said:
Do you miss it all?

I liked phish much better and saw them over 20 times...last time was about '95...stopped seeing them when they graduated to amphitheaters because the whole scene changed drastically...it was very personal to see them play for only a 1000 people or less

why_ask_why said:
I liked phish much better and saw them over 20 times...last time was about '95...stopped seeing them when they graduated to amphitheaters because the whole scene changed drastically...it was very personal to see them play for only a 1000 people or less

While I admit their music is good for jam band type music, the scene around them seemed impossibly lame and elitist. I could never compare that to what the Dead had.

i really like one of phish's new songs. i've never cared one way or another for them, but i'm interested in their new album, just to see if i like the rest of it.

eileenbunny said:
While I admit their music is good for jam band type music, the scene around them seemed impossibly lame and elitist. I could never compare that to what the Dead had.

the dead crowd were old, haggard and braindead from abusing themselves on the road for 30 something years while the phish people were my age and the music was much fresher, more lively and more cerebral...imho :)
and you didn't have to worry about being sold fake tickets or bad acid ;)

why_ask_why said:
the dead crowd were old, haggard and braindead from abusing themselves on the road for 30 something years while the phish people were my age and the music was much fresher, more lively and more cerebral...imho :)
and you didn't have to worry about being sold fake tickets or bad acid ;)

Are you calling me old, haggard and braindead? :mad:

I concede that my one experience with acid bought at a phish show was a good one.

HifiGirly said:
I get sad when show's I like get cancelled. I loved this show called Roswell, and when it ended I cried. I do that with random shows when they get cancelled esp. if it was sudden and had an abrupt esp. shitty ending.

Didn't they move the show to the same timeslot as Smallville, something like that, effectively killing it? I caught the series on the sci-fi channel later.

Thorn Bird said:
i really like one of phish's new songs. i've never cared one way or another for them, but i'm interested in their new album, just to see if i like the rest of it.
WTF are you talking about? Phish has broken up. There are no new songs.

eileenbunny said:
Are you calling me old, haggard and braindead? :mad:

I concede that my one experience with acid bought at a phish show was a good one.

ahahaha, no, not saying that...and I'm older than you are...33 here :)

Thorn Bird said:
they released a live in brooklyn cd just recently.
Right, they're following the Dead's marketing policy of periodic archival releases. There aren't any new songs on that album though.

theacoustician said:
Right, they're following the Dead's marketing policy of periodic archival releases. There aren't any new songs on that album though.

well, like i said, i've never cared one way or the other about them, and therefore don't follow phish. i just liked a song i heard recently and the radio station must've been previewing the release of the album.

I too get quite depressed when finishing a Final Fantasy game. After 40-60 hours spent playing, especially with storylines that are so involved, it's sad when it's finally over. Infact, I'm at the end of X-2 and haven't beaten it yet cause I didn't want it to be over, lol.

I'm at the end of Kingdom Hearts II now as well, but haven't beaten it yet either. But that cause I want to finish Jimminy's Journal first so I can get the full ending. Up to level 78 now, still haven't tried fighting Sephiroth yet, and god damn some of those minigame scores are hard to beat.

Phish has a much more "poppier" crowd if you can even call it that. Phish in general has alot better of a sound than the Dead IMO and it is alot more new age hippy if their is such thing.

BeeRad said:
Phish has a much more "poppier" crowd if you can even call it that. Phish in general has alot better of a sound than the Dead IMO and it is alot more new age hippy if their is such thing.

back in the day I liked them for their decidedly jazz slant and leanings more than anything else
it was like acid jazz

Ryokurin said:
update: im down a little because Weezer is done. but im sure I'll be allright in a few hours.

heard that on the radio yesterday and they were conjecturing it was BS for some reason

Whoops, I thought you finally left that gay dude you were married to.