it's one of those special days at work

Mrs. Valve

Dizzy Broad
Oct 6, 2004
The QFH
Marklar
₥3,799
the kind where you sit there and just beat your head against your desk all day.
i need to sift through 36 reports, each well over 15 million lines of transactions, to look for a specific transaction that probably won't even be there (based on other research i've done already). trouble is, this system will only search 5,000 lines at a time. i will probably be sitting here for the rest of the day hitting F5 to try to finish up my dumbass search :mad: it'd probably be better were i in a better mood.

anyone else doing anything asinine today?

F33nX said:
chocolate= good
diet with no chocolate= bad

:(

know what you mean. i just started a diet yesterday. it sucks so bad. :(

ieholly said:
know what you mean. i just started a diet yesterday. it sucks so bad. :(

it totally sucks. not only am i being good, i'm running 3 miles a day, and i'm not really seeing any results other than being sore and having my tendonitis flare up:(

dreamwalker said:
I feel your pain :(

Diets suck no matter how you look at it, some just not as badly as others.
i'm doing it as much for a health issue as i am an image issue, which makes it that much more frustrating

I have a bad case of the dontwannas today
Problem is, I have 5 work oders in front of me, 2 of wich I can close out, but thats about an hours worth of paper work, one I need to open, wich is 1-5 hours of paperwork depending on if I can find the people that I need to sign it, and 2 other projects that I havent even started yet but people keep calling to ask me questions about.
Fucking govt job, I shuffle more goddamn paper around than I do actual work:tard:
Im a fabricator, not a fucking secretary:mad:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Heh, large companies are the same way. The paperwork involved takes longer than the stupid task.

Fuck your meetings, fuck your problem tickets, just let me fix the fucking problem and I'll tell you when IT'S DONE!

Yeah, I wish they would just hand me a drawing and the raw materials and say go for it

F33nX said:
i'm doing it as much for a health issue as i am an image issue, which makes it that much more frustrating

That adds an extra degree of urgency to the issue. I have some health issues too. Unfortunately I gained a few pounds back not long ago, lost part of it again, but have just been in a holding pattern more recently. At least I didn't keep gaining, which is good, but dammit I am getting frustrated :rant:

Maybe we need to set up a support group on UF for weight control.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Heh, large companies are the same way. The paperwork involved takes longer than the stupid task.

Fuck your meetings, fuck your problem tickets, just let me fix the fucking problem and I'll tell you when IT'S DONE!
amen to that! i need to document everything here that i'm doing stating that nothing exists. it's so backwards. it's even worse when i have to escheat a check:p

dreamwalker said:
That adds an extra degree of urgency to the issue. I have some health issues too. Unfortunately I gained a few pounds back not long ago, lost part of it again, but have just been in a holding pattern more recently. At least I didn't keep gaining, which is good, but dammit I am getting frustrated :rant:

Maybe we need to set up a support group on UF for weight control.
I can make the rest of you look good, I started the year at 168 and I'm now around 208