Movie It's once again, again, again, again, Friday!

Valve1138

I like the AB in the GB
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
₥70,335
Fucking pouring here at the moment.

Then 4 days of sun.

Gonna wrap up the porch fan, prolly do some garden stuff.

The plants I started in March are good to go, now we need to find something to put them all in. Not all of them will fit in the garden without crowding shit up.

12 pepper and maybe 6-8 tomato plants.

Solar is solaring.

I don't think the 5:30 Cup-De-Sac with the neighbors is gonna happen. 1/2" of rain in the last 30 minutes.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
Been raining today. Had some blinding therapy sessions with folks earlier. Been drinking. Watched Cats. Listening to some tunes.

Have a all day lecture on existentialist therapy tomorrow. Protest on Sunday.
The rest of my weekend is for relaxing and reflecting.

I'm hoping to get today wrapped up soon. I've started the week having some very indepth personal conversations with the black engineers on my team. I felt it was important we stopped acting like everything was good and really get everything out on the table. It was some very emotional and enlighting conversations. I quickly realized that most of the other leaders weren't going to do the same. So I spent the rest of the week reaching out to the entire group that didn't report to me. It was very sad knowing that for many of them this was the first conversation they've had on the topic. It was so emotional, exhausting, upsetting, and positive at the same time. I know it won't scale long term but I will continue this until people don't feel the need to look over their shoulder at work. And if I need to call out my peers and people above me in the process then so be it. But needless to say I'm ready for a drink and the weekend.

I mowed my overseeded front lawn this morning, and it's looking much better. Might start hacking out the stump there this weekend, but I'll probably wait until late August, since that's when I want to plant the Maple that we bought last week.

Almost done with the cut and buff on the Datsun, but too late for the first Cars and Coffee of the season (tomorrow). Haven't decided whether I'll go to that or not.

Having trouble motivating myself for this last half hour of real work.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD and Valve1138
I beat Horizon Zero Dawn last night. Today I restarted it. Fun.

Actual productive things: started moving furniture out of and sanding the bonus room so we can paint it.

• Love
Reactions: pacojas
Installed a new bathroom vanity today, one of the ones with drawers. Bottom drawer was hitting the trap unfortunately, had to cut a notch outta it. Repaired it real nice though with the same pieces i cut out. I will however, never understand why they make stuff that goes in bathrooms outta MDF, the most moisture hating substance known to man.

Put in my hybrid hot water heater yesterday. Pretty easy to plumb up in all. I learned the 120* my old dumb one was putting out was definitely not 120 degrees. This is way hotter. probably thermometer accuracy issues with the old dumb style.

Also, the heat pump on that thing is a powerful air conditioner just as a side effect. My muggy average temperature crawlspace basement is now downright chilly and dry dry dry.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Installed a new bathroom vanity today, one of the ones with drawers. Bottom drawer was hitting the trap unfortunately, had to cut a notch outta it. Repaired it real nice though with the same pieces i cut out. I will however, never understand why they make stuff that goes in bathrooms outta MDF, the most moisture hating substance known to man.

Put in my hybrid hot water heater yesterday. Pretty easy to plumb up in all. I learned the 120* my old dumb one was putting out was definitely not 120 degrees. This is way hotter. probably thermometer accuracy issues with the old dumb style.

Also, the heat pump on that thing is a powerful air conditioner just as a side effect. My muggy average temperature crawlspace basement is now downright chilly and dry dry dry.
When we remolded our bathroom I had the same fears with the MDF. Mrs Flops uncle owns a high end fixture store in Louisville. So I called him for ideas. He was like just look at the catalog online and tell me what you like and I’ll see if I can get it at cost. I told him no I’m not spending that much on a powder room. He said just pick something you’ll be surprised. So the wife did the full wood vanity, towel holder, toilet paper roll, and mirror. It was all super nice and the total was like 10k. When he came back with cost it was 1100. At that point I realized why he was in that business. Not many others have that much margin built in for the direct seller.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Did some painting of an exhibit space at a museum that I volunteer at, on Saturday. That room is now painted, but needs a second coat. Just myself and one other guy, so we did half the room.

I've been having some issues with video going blank on my TV when using my Amazon Fire TV these past few days. I thought maybe the Amazon Fire TV was dying, tried different HDMI inputs on my A/V receiver, didn't fix it. So I bought a new Amazon Fire TV Stick on Saturday on my way home from the museum. The Amazon Stick actually a lot faster in the UI. The remote has volume and power button, which my old Amazon TV didn't have. So now I can control everything with just that one remote, which *awesome*. Got a couple of video loss after I installed it on Saturday, but I think it might have been due to the humidity. House dried out yesterday, and didn't have any problems.

Yesterday I was supposed to go over to my mom's house and help her burn a pile of brush from dead trees and branches that came down over various storms in the past couple years, but it was too windy to burn outside all day. So I did some gardening outside at my house. Pulled out some dead/dying Russian Sage bushes, planted two Salvia bushes. Bees love that stuff, and it is drought tolerant and deer resistant. And planted a bunch of Marigolds just because. Thinking about turning the former marijuana garden that the prior owners had out back into a wildflower garden. I don't have time to tend a veggie garden, so maybe that's the next best thing. Need to find wildflowers that are drought tolerant since it is like 200ft away from the house spigot and I'm not buying or hauling that much hose every day to water the garden. Played some Civ6 and old school DoD on my PC. /blog

I have been super productive this past week

Installed some zigbee under cabinet led strip lighting, pulled all the obvious poison ivy off the property, repaired about half the sprinkler system that had either frozen or gotten hit my the lawnmower cause the heads were too high.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138