www.heartboxers.com
Marklar
₥0
Anyone else heard about this?
http://www.kfmb.com/features/consumer_alert/story.php?id=53353

Cell Phone Rings Only Young Ears Can Hear

Last Updated:
06-12-06 at 6:28PM

A high-pitched noise originally developed to keep teens from loitering has a new use. Since most adults cannot hear the noise, teens are now using it as a ringtone that only they can hear.

It may be time to say goodbye to some of those recognizable ringtones. Teenagers have found a tune only they can relate to.

It's called the Mosquito Ringtone, and it's starting to catch on in places where cell phone use isn't allowed. For those able to hear it, the high-pitched tone can be annoying.

There are a number of mosquito ringtones available on the internet, and they'll cost you just like any other ringtone. But those tones are heard at an ear-splitting 17 khz -- more than twice the range of normal communication.

Because most adults gradually lose their ability to hear high-pitched sounds by middle age, the mosquito ringtone can mainly be heard by those younger than 40.

Thorn Bird said:
this is going to be a royal pain in my ass, isn't it.

HAHAHA that made me think of the Farting Ringtone device that was on like mad TV or Man show or something. If you havent seen it, it was a little but plug and instead of farting it would sound like your cell was ringing, lol

Fat Burger said:
You're right, it's mentioned a whole 5 times on Google News. It's been all over the place for ages!
Yup. We expect more. By the time it hits google it's ancient history.

Ya I downloaded this like several weeks ago to test it on Fly's old ears... he couldn't hear it at first, but I still can!

Fly likes 'em young.