Baby Its Kiko, AMA

Few hundred years ago people thought novels were ruining the youths.

Novels are not video games. They promote long, in depth, intellectual trains of thought and remembrance, not short bursts of instant emotional gratification or lack of, devoid of any long term mental cognizance.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Teens are actually predisposed to be night owls, it's the early rising for school that is unhealthy.
No theyre not, theyre just predisposed to needing more sleep in general due to rapid physical developmental including brain development. What hours they sleep is not predisposed. Some factors such as ADHD etc can affect it but you can parent that back to normality.

No theyre not, theyre just predisposed to needing more sleep in general due to rapid physical developmental including brain development. What hours they sleep is not predisposed. Some factors such as ADHD etc can affect it but you can parent that back to normality.
I'm pretty sure I've read that they are. And (generally)the older you get, the earlier you get up. It was an evolutionary advantage to have different groups of people awake at different times. But I do agree that they need more sleep than adults.

Seriously. I realize they don’t have to get up early for school but that can’t be developmentally healthy.
Even with COVID we've stayed on the 7-8 bedtime. Usually it's 7 to go up an start getting ready for bed. And down by 8 at the latest. Even when MiniFlop was still at home before college we had her upstairs by 8-9 at the latest. She would be asleep right away and would still sleep until noon if we let her.

Boys are upstairs at 9, asleep by 10. Oldest is upstairs around 10:30 and asleep by 11 usually. One son is awake by 7 at the latest most days, usually up by 6. The other two get out of bed whenever they want between 8-10. If they aren’t up by 10 I usually get them up. It’s nine thirty now and we are all just sitting down to breakfast. These casual mornings are beautiful and I wish I could convince the oldest to homeschool so we could always do it This way.

my beloved Kiko packed his little bags and has gone to stay with his dad for a couple of weeks.
they have not seen each other in 6 weeks and he has a newborn baby sister he’s only met once cuz of this pandemic
so i dropped him off so he can spend time with his dad + siblings.

but funny thing.. he is now officially Kiko as he has changed his instagram name to Kiko and only responds to me actually calling him Kiko.
he thinks the name is hilarious.

9a3f0e117d2492526303505be3cfcbd3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk