It's hot outside folks, keep water out for your animals

Thorn Bird said:
when i was young, i would find dead critters -- butterflies, lizards...and bury them under my swingset, crying the whole time. it's funny to think about now, but it certainly was not funny back then at 8 years old. :eek:

i can't imagine why someone would even have the balls to ATTEMPT to create pain AND WITNESS IT HAPPENING. i really do not understand how it's possible. if it happens, i think it's GOT TO BE a sign of a mentally ill person. duct tape on the paw of a puppy? funny, not harmless. deliberately hurting a critter to watch the pain arise? sick.
Psychologically, its just a few steps from serial killer.

Drool-Boy said:
Read up and youll find a lot of serial killers started out practicing on animals.

exactly. i think of jeffrey dahmer every time i hear of someone torturing animals. it's so creepy (and fascinating at the same time.)

Man, I'm bushed. Took me like three hours to make that stupid labrador fur vest. I'm off to bed after I clean up.

Sarcasmo said:
Man, I'm bushed. Took me like three hours to make that stupid labrador fur vest. I'm off to bed after I clean up.
see my vest, see my vest
made from real gorilla chest
feel this sweater, there's no better
than authentic Irish Setter

Pandora said:
:eek:

I hope you really didn't make out with that dead dog. I would have given them an ear full instead of bending over backwards to make them feel better. They obviously didn't make much of an effort to make the dog feel good. Who the fusk leaves a chow outdoors in the middle of the day during the summer with no water?! I hope their grandkids give em what for. If it was a kid they'd be in jail...where they belong.
The sump pump is in the basement of the house, they at least had the dog in doors on that particularly hot day

Trust me I wasn't trying to save the dog for the people, I was trying to save the dog for the dog

Without knowing how long the dog had been in the hole it was the best I could do to give CPR a shot

Thorn Bird said:
when i was young, i would find dead critters -- butterflies, lizards...and bury them under my swingset, crying the whole time. it's funny to think about now, but it certainly was not funny back then at 8 years old. :eek:

i can't imagine why someone would even have the balls to ATTEMPT to create pain AND WITNESS IT HAPPENING. i really do not understand how it's possible. if it happens, i think it's GOT TO BE a sign of a mentally ill person. duct tape on the paw of a puppy? funny, not harmless. deliberately hurting a critter to watch the pain arise? sick.

I know someone who has a 5 or 6 year old that i caught toruring lizards to "see what happened." She evidently didn't think it was as serious as I did. I think it is the sign of a serial killer.

When I was like 19 I witnessed a guy throwing a puppy into a wall because it shit on the floor or something. I called the cops and he ended up arrested, evicted, and jobless. A local newstaion got involved and then his sorry-ass face was all over the 10'o clock news and newspaper.

It then became like the "feel good" story of the week. The news showed the puppy's progression through it's recovery and eventually got readopted.

I have no tolerance for animal haters.

We thought it would be cruel to put our cats in a kennel during our vacation (might give them SPCA shelter nightmares). We hired a friend of mine to live at the house and take care of our kitties. They are so spoiled!!

the only thing i thought was cool was when a lizard lost it's tail...it doesn't hurt the critter and it grows back...i never intentionally tore one off, but i cried when my "pet" lizard got stepped on my my neighbor, and then i realized just his tail had come off. :D

BadMojo said:
I have no tolerance for animal haters.

We thought it would be cruel to put our cats in a kennel during our vacation (might give them SPCA shelter nightmares). We hired a friend of mine to live at the house and take care of our kitties. They are so spoiled!!

when i had cats, we left them one time...i felt so guilty and upset the whole time i was gone. never thought i'd feel that way. i can't imagine anything more than that.

Thorn Bird said:

Yeah I had a cousin that thought it was cool to crush lightning bugs and smear them all over herself. The first time I saw her do that I was screamn' cryn'. I don't like bugs all that much (tho I love lightning bugs), but killing things just for kicks is f'd up. However if I see a spider or roach in my territory it's dead meat.

Pandora said:
Yeah I had a cousin that thought it was cool to crush lightning bugs and smear them all over herself. The first time I saw her do that I was screamn' cryn'. I don't like bugs all that much (tho I love lightning bugs), but killing things just for kicks is f'd up. However if I see a spider or roach in my territory it's dead meat.

i CANNOT tolerate roaches. i'm guilty of killin' 'em dead. if i can easily transport a spider to outdoors, i'll throw him out. otherwise, he's gone too. i don't kill things outside though. i'm on their turf. that's the way i justify killin' bugs in the house...they're in MY house. :fly: :eek: