Its hard out here for a pimp

b_sinning said:
I worked at a Walmart for a few months during college. They made me watch a video on how to use a computer mouse. 15 frikin minutes. I was annoyed until I realized there must have been alot of stupid people to make them even think of making a video for that. Working at Walmart sucks. Walmart is a redneck magnet.
Not redneck, white-trash (and around here bunnys). There is a huge difference. I've no qualms about fat southerners with right wing attitudes, infact most of them are genuinely nice dudes. White trash on the other hand... eurgh.

b_sinning said:
taeric what the hell does he do now?!

He worked his way up to being the store manager. Then regional manager. Then division manager.

He eventually quit Walmart because it was very demanding as far as time goes and he wanted a family.

Pretty much whenever I hear people complain about the hours they put in, I remember Glen talking about it. He would regularly work 80+ hours and thought nothing of it.

Edit: fixed typo and added a bit.

Last edited:
wal mart moves everyone up, if that's what you want to do. they're very good about hiring from within first. if you wanna go somewhere, wal mart is actually a pretty good place to do it. i know two people who work up the chain at wal mart. they get spoiled.

taeric said:
He worked his way up to being the store manager. Then regional manager. Then division manager.

He eventually quit Walmart because it was very demanding as far as time goes and he wanted a family.

Pretty much whenever I hear people complain about the hours they put in, I remember Glen talking about it. He would regularly work 80+ hours and thought nothing of it.

Edit: fixed typo and added a bit.
Yar, being the RM or DM for many retail chains pays quite well but requires WAY too many hours of work to be worth it to me.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yar, being the RM or DM for many retail chains pays quite well but requires WAY too many hours of work to be worth it to me.

Ya no kidding.
You might make 150-200K a year, but you have to work like 75 -90 hour weeks.
Fuck that.

Drool-Boy said:
Ya no kidding.
Fuck that.
Ayuh, 10 years ago when I was considering taking that path with the 'Shack the DM made only 90-100k and easily worked that many hours, if not more.

I think his car was paid for by the company in some fashion, but with the amount of mileage he had to put on it, it was trashed

I haven't seen, but have read about, that video called "Wal-Mart: The High Cost Of Low Price" in which a large number of rednecks whine about how hard they've worked for nothing, and how Wal-Mart killed their father, and raped their mother, and how the "floating Smiley low pricer guy" sexually harasses teenage boys and whatnot. Again, I have not seen it, but I imagine it's a group of people, not too much unlike the woman at JJ's work, who always have a reason not to be at work, who spend their whole lives being victims, and who think that moving a mouse around a screen is comparable to quantum physics.

Has anyone seen it and can give some insight otherwise? Or did I hit the proverbial nail on the head?

Drool-Boy said:
Ya no kidding.
f*ck that.

or you can work for a bank and do that with 35 hours :lol:

I worked at Sam's Club for a year while I was in college. I hated Walmart as a company but my job wasn't too bad. I stocked the Freezers and Coolers which was great exercise and no customers since you stock from the inside. I got to drive the forklifts around which was great fun, only almost killed one person...and I frequently got free food from the cafe since I made good with all the girls that worked in there ;)

Oh, and since I worked the freezers the demo ladies would always feed me all day...those ladies were awesome.

Also, the store manager at this particular club(the 2nd highest volume club on the east coast behind Myrtle Beach)...that guy was rich as hell. Started pushing carts in like 1980 and then got up to Store manager the whole time he had the stock option which is worth way more than all of his earnings to date.

Drool-Boy said:
Ya no kidding.
Fuck that.

That was the kind of thing that my brother in law would laugh at, though. He wanted to make a lot of money and was willing to do the work for it. He never complained about the long hours, he just did them. Once he decided that he wanted to spend time doing the family thing with less hours at work, he quit and went to a different job.

I'm not sure if that is bravery or luck. Or both. All I know is it worked for him and it makes it a bitch to complain about working long hours around him.