Its hard out here for a pimp

Sarcasmo said:
Seriously, you make it sound like this woman is the only one on earth who can do her job. If such a complete retard is doing that work, then you can certainly put an ad in the paper and find a replacement. I really doubt someone like her has a PhD in anything. She must be doing monkey work.

Right?

Just because she isn't showing good work ethic doesn't mean she is a retard. To do the work that Jackie, blondie, and this girl are doing it takes someone with like 8 Gigs of Brain-RAM. They have to have a huge capacity to do tons of stuff at once and the work is so specialized that it takes them forever to train someone. So even if someone sat right down behind this girl, they wouldn't even be usefull for several months. This girl was good because she came in with prior experience. At least this is my understanding of the situation. I have total respect for these girls, they bust their ass and I don't think I could do it.

Pandora said:
Well that would make sense, but it's unpossible as long as JJ works there. :fly: Amirite Erage?!?! :fly:

Seriously tho, that's prolly not going to happen as long as the President dude is there. The precident has been set, so he will always expect his people to work that hard for so little. As long as he's got people like Blondie and JJ there that will pick up the slack he's not going to care.

Right, he totally abuses those girls. Blondie consistently works 60+ hour weeks (JJ too) and get's paid for 37.5 hours. We were there last Sunday while she tried to catch up because JJ and another girl were out some days the prior week. That place will never change and he'll continue to take advantage of people so he can buy another lexus.

ERage said:
Right, he totally abuses those girls. Blondie consistently works 60+ hour weeks (JJ too) and get's paid for 37.5 hours. We were there last Sunday while she tried to catch up because JJ and another girl were out some days the prior week. That place will never change and he'll continue to take advantage of people so he can buy another lexus.

If that's really the case then I'd say a call to the state labor board is in order. What you just described doesn't sound legal.

I'm not saying that situations like that don't happen all the time, but if more people found out what their rights are they might be able to curb bad behavior like that.

Alternately you guys are joking around and putting me on, but whatever....

ERage said:
I have total respect for these girls, they bust their ass and I don't think I could do it.

Well I can't speak for the other two, but I think this one is the exception to what you just said. She sounds like a retard. And a lazy retard at that.

itburnswhenipee said:
If that's really the case then I'd say a call to the state labor board is in order. What you just described doesn't sound legal.

I'm not saying that situations like that don't happen all the time, but if more people found out what their rights are they might be able to curb bad behavior like that.

Alternately you guys are joking around and putting me on, but whatever....

Maybe, but what happens in a small company when you do this...they make your life a living hell while you are there. They can't fire you directly because of whistle blower protection laws but they can certainly make your job suck. Also, you'd go though that industry for the rest of your career known as the tattle tale. That would suck worse than being taken advantage of I think.

Edit: I think JJ and Blondie need to just quit and let me hire them as my personal massage squad. Bast has some vested interest in this squad too so I might consider cutting him in...we could just trade them off through the week.

reading all this makes me thing of two things:

why the hell are the blondie and the jj still there, and

jj doesn't have to worry about this flake. she'll leave soon enough.

ERage said:

We really should give the guy some credit tho. With all the junk food he provides them it totally balances it all out. :rolleyes:

I use to work for an employer that would do that. "Sorry we can't give you a raise this year. We took quite a blow buying the President a new Excursion, and the HR Director a new Volvo XC70. But hey, thanks for putting in all those 12 hr days during spring". Yeah I don't work there anymore. The girls just need to quit and move up here. There are plenty of places in Atl that would treat them right. :D :heart:

Thorn Bird said:
reading all this makes me thing of two things:

why the hell are the blondie and the jj still there, and

jj doesn't have to worry about this flake. she'll leave soon enough.
Because suprisingly, it pays more than Walmart...which is about the only place else around there that's hiring.

For real. I give her a max of 2 more weeks before she walks out on them. :(

Pandora said:
Because suprisingly, it pays more than Walmart...which is about the only place else around there that's hiring.

Yep, she's about to be on her third month, that is about the time they go to lunch and never come back.

JJ Lady said:
She said today that it is not jury duty. She asys she has been summoned to testify in a trial. I told her that she has to bring me something when she returns. If not, then she will be gone or on her way out. If she does bring me something then I will have a talk with her about attendence and having to stay till the work is done If she is not receptive she will be gone.
She's already lied to you about it, if she's lying about stuff like this I can only imagine what the future holds.

April23 said:
What does she do? Just admin stuff around the office? if so, she can be replaced.
NO. She does simliar stuff that I do. She does Freight Forwarder work. Savannah is not a weath of reasorces for people who do well. In the 3 years that I have been there we have gone tough at least 10 people. They just cannot do or cannot handle the work.

ERage said:
Blondie consistently works 60+ hour weeks (JJ too) and get's paid for 37.5 hours. .

Actaully we get paid for 40 hours. We are "required" to be there 37.5 hours, but yeah we work about 55-60 hours.

Pandora said:

Hey you, shut it! :p I don;t need that right now. She had a better attitude today, but we shall see. On a plue note, she brought the paper and stayed till 5:45 today without the bitching.

Some people do have a hard time adjusting. I"m trying to get someone else in to start training and if necessary I will get rid of her.

Oh and it pays a lot more than Walmart :p

JJ Lady said:
Actaully we get paid for 40 hours. We are "required" to be there 37.5 hours, but yeah we work about 55-60 hours.
Oh and it pays a lot more than Walmart :p

That is still a shitty deal. And at least Walmart pays for overtime :eek:

I worked at a Walmart for a few months during college. They made me watch a video on how to use a computer mouse. 15 frikin minutes. I was annoyed until I realized there must have been alot of stupid people to make them even think of making a video for that. Working at Walmart sucks. Walmart is a redneck magnet.

My brother in law started at a Walmart. He was the guy that would go out and get the carts. 4 years later he had a 200+k job. Makes me sorta wish I had done the Walmart route. Ah well....