Hawt IT'S FRIDAY V.CAPSLOCK

Gonna do a low stress tie-down of my cannabis plants - that'll take a few hours.

Mow lawn, drink beer, bbq - at the same time :)

Eat, sleep, fuck, repeat.

Any of the metro areas are fucking terrible. But it doesn't take too much driving before shit gets pretty nice. And as long as you're white, the people are extremely nice too.
yeah... thats a big "as long as"

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
ill admit ive only been to dallas, el paso, and amarillo and what I remember most was its all brown, hot, and a lotta nothin.

amarillo and elpaso are fuckin garbage
dallas is ok as long as you dont try to talk to anyone
I like the austin/san antonio areas myself
Amarillo has the only Dion's Pizza restaurant in all of Texas, and it's got a Costco that's right about where I run out of gas on my way to Austin, so it can stay, if only for those reasons.

amarillo and elpaso are fuckin garbage
dallas is ok as long as you dont try to talk to anyone
I like the austin/san antonio areas myself
I have friends 30 min outside of both Austin and San Antonio. My sister is just over an hour from Dallas. I love all three areas. My sister and the lake house win out for final destinations though.

I nearly moved to Texas in 1988. Had the transfer at work all set, deposit on an apartment in Paris in place, changed mind two days away from the move and switched directions. I’d been there a handful of times over the years prior to that and really liked everything about it, except about 60% of the people who were egomaniacs and thought their shit didn’t stink.

They still had baggers at grocery stores, and they were all black guys, and named “boy” from what I heard.

• Sad
Reactions: wetwillie
A couple days late, but I spent Friday at a client's office figuring out all kinds of fuckery done with their network. Multiple routers, Netgear Orbi wifi crap, 10/100Meg switches, old ass Sonicwall TZ105, powerline network device, etc. Reconfigured things temporarily to get the copier working and remove conflicting dhcp services. Walked through dank basement to figure out new cable runs to completely gut the network and start fresh with home-runs.

Yesterday I had to go to a walk-in clinic to get a wound looked at, did grocery shopping, trip to home despot for garden supplies, pharmacy for antibiotics script, got pizza on way home, and relaxed rest of the day.

Today I watered the gardens (awfully dry here) which I haven't been keeping up on. Need to get the soaker hoses and water timer installed so I don't have to do this myself while standing in the heat and blackflies. Currently 84F in the house, warmer than yesterday. Hopefully no thunderstorms tonight so I can open the windows all night and cool house down. Thinking really bad about getting one or more mini-splits installed; unfortunately I hear most of the dealers and installers have them backordered for months so it wouldn't help me in my current predicament.

I believe my driveway is going to get paved this week according to the paving contractor. Will see.

/blog

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and wetwillie
A couple days late, but I spent Friday at a client's office figuring out all kinds of fuckery done with their network. Multiple routers, Netgear Orbi wifi crap, 10/100Meg switches, old ass Sonicwall TZ105, powerline network device, etc. Reconfigured things temporarily to get the copier working and remove conflicting dhcp services. Walked through dank basement to figure out new cable runs to completely gut the network and start fresh with home-runs.

Yesterday I had to go to a walk-in clinic to get a wound looked at, did grocery shopping, trip to home despot for garden supplies, pharmacy for antibiotics script, got pizza on way home, and relaxed rest of the day.

Today I watered the gardens (awfully dry here) which I haven't been keeping up on. Need to get the soaker hoses and water timer installed so I don't have to do this myself while standing in the heat and blackflies. Currently 84F in the house, warmer than yesterday. Hopefully no thunderstorms tonight so I can open the windows all night and cool house down. Thinking really bad about getting one or more mini-splits installed; unfortunately I hear most of the dealers and installers have them backordered for months so it wouldn't help me in my current predicament.

I believe my driveway is going to get paved this week according to the paving contractor. Will see.

/blog
I think you could install the split unit yourself if one was available - between the brain trust here and the Internet I have confidence it would happen. :) Although I get that you might not have a second set of hands available and you might rather work X number of hours in a cool basement than busting ass inside & outside. Many splits and whole house units are shipped sealed and charged so you can make the connections and it only needs a charge for the line loss between the units. Getting someone out for a basic re-charge is a much short wait time than an install. See, I'm still trying to sell that damn DIY shit. sorry.:D

Let me know how you like them if you do. I'm still planning on doing a minisplit heat pump for my garage, but that'll be after I replace the roof, garage doors, insulation, and update to a 200A service.

I think you could install the split unit yourself if one was available - between the brain trust here and the Internet I have confidence it would happen. :) Although I get that you might not have a second set of hands available and you might rather work X number of hours in a cool basement than busting ass inside & outside. Many splits and whole house units are shipped sealed and charged so you can make the connections and it only needs a charge for the line loss between the units. Getting someone out for a basic re-charge is a much short wait time than an install. See, I'm still trying to sell that damn DIY shit. sorry.:D
Yeah it's the time commitment that I don't really have a lot of. Also my electrical panel in the house is full. I'd need to lose something to get one. I hate dealing with wiring in the panel.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Texas is pretty nice, imho. Don't let @APRIL hear me say that.
I will never move back to Texas until they undo all the abortion laws they just put in place. That shit hole can't have a dime of my tax money.

In other words, I love Austin. Austin should suceed from Texas.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Gravy
Reactions: fly