Valve1138

I like the AB in the GB
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
₥69,157
Memorial Day Weekend, Covid edition.

Already food shopped.

I'm sure we'll grill something up on Monday, probably a nice burger, make some homemade fries in our hair dryer cooker.

Got plenty of beer and wine.

Got most of the stuff in for the new screen porch ceiling fan so I'll get started on that.

Doing a drive-thru "graduation" for my daughter (matriculating from 5th grade to middle school). Got the T-tops out of the Z, she's got a tiara and a scepter.

Almost got the Audi back together, waiting for a tool to come that locks the crank damper in place so I can get 258 lb-ft of torque on it. Then it's a hop, skip and jump to get it running again.

Once that's done, I can finally get working on the Datsun again, which is what I'd have liked to have been working on this whole time. Fuck.

Pulling out some ribs to smoke for dinner tonight (cheating, using hickory chips in foil on the grill on low), having a friend over to drink a beer at a respectful distance with.

Turn till valves are closed, thread rope into the cylinder through spark plug hole, turn till rotating assembly is locked on rope. Torque. Rotate backwards a quarter turn and remove rope.

2 things:
1) without the crank lock tool, you have to go to 320 lb-ft.
2) there's no way to fit both a torque stick and an impact in that space concurrently.
Ahh, you're not in service position.

Or super service position (front end completely off)

Yeah, proper tool is gonna be easier.

Ahh, you're not in service position.

Or super service position (front end completely off)

Yeah, proper tool is gonna be easier.
I don't feel like discharging the AC into the atmosphere (this is a pre-service position Audi).

So, I can rotate the radiators out about 30°, but no farther.

best weather we’ve had in 2020
doing banking errands aka clinton four millions and then doing some DIY projects at home in the garage with Kiko and then a bbq tonight

awesome day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk