It's football time boys and girls

Our local 'boys correspondent is predicting 24-21 cowboys on Sunday. Anyone else think they can actually beat the Pats?

Our local 'boys correspondent is predicting 24-21 cowboys on Sunday. Anyone else think they can actually beat the Pats?

No. Reverse the score with the Pat's winning.

Here's why I think the Pat's will win:

1) The Pat's defensive front 7 is outstanding, and the Cowboys offensive line won't be able to handle them 100% of the time which they'll need to do to win.

2) The Pat's secondary can cause turnovers because of the front seven's level of play in terms of rushing the QB.

3) The Pats have too many weapons on offense. Double cover Moss and you leave Welker, Watson, Stallworth, etc open. Brady can get the ball to anyone. Don't forget about Faulk and Morris catching abilities too.

4) For once the Pat's are pretty healthy and have quality depth. No patchwork needed for once.

5) Romo is a good QB, but he's still young and the smart Pat's defense will prey on that shit.

Despite all that, I think it will be a good, fairly close game. I don't think the Pat's will blow out the Cowboys.

No. Reverse the score with the Pat's winning.

Here's why I think the Pat's will win:

1) The Pat's defensive front 7 is outstanding, and the Cowboys offensive line won't be able to handle them 100% of the time which they'll need to do to win.

2) The Pat's secondary can cause turnovers because of the front seven's level of play in terms of rushing the QB.

3) The Pats have too many weapons on offense. Double cover Moss and you leave Welker, Watson, Stallworth, etc open. Brady can get the ball to anyone. Don't forget about Faulk and Morris catching abilities too.

4) For once the Pat's are pretty healthy and have quality depth. No patchwork needed for once.

5) Romo is a good QB, but he's still young and the smart Pat's defense will prey on that shit.

Despite all that, I think it will be a good, fairly close game. I don't think the Pat's will blow out the Cowboys.

6) Bellicheat

6) Bellicheat

:fly:

If any team leaves there signals so out there you can steal them and use them for more than one game they deserve to have them stolen. Whats the difference between a pair of binoculars/pad of paper and a video camera? Nothing.

And it was great hearing Bill Parcells rip Steve Young a new asshole the other night. Steve Young was being all high and mighty about the Pat's grabbing signals and Parcells ripped into him.

Way back when if one team lost headsets, the other had to take them off to make it fair. The 49'ers had their first 15 offensive plays scripted. And both times Parcells came in with the Giants to play one teams headsets would go out when the 49ers had their first offensive drive. Hmm, but the 49'ers still had their scripted plays.

I can't see how scripted plays would be an advantage really. That doesn't allow you to react to strengths or weaknesses in the defense. Plus, the play call required for a fourth and one is a lot different than what you need for a third and nine.

I can't see how scripted plays would be an advantage really. That doesn't allow you to react to strengths or weaknesses in the defense. Plus, the play call required for a fourth and one is a lot different than what you need for a third and nine.

Parcells explained it way better than I did and Steve Young nearly pissed himself.

:fly:

If any team leaves there signals so out there you can steal them and use them for more than one game they deserve to have them stolen. Whats the difference between a pair of binoculars/pad of paper and a video camera? Nothing.
Its illegal, sackrider. :D

Scripting the opening plays is quite common. It allows the offense to test the defense against various schemes. From there, they can adjust as they see necessary.