Baby It's flys fault I have to make another book thread

5 weeks of 4 books a week and I'll be caught up to get 100 books reading 2 per week. I got this.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
I made my goal of 2 books this week with just over 12 minutes to spare. I read Harry Potter and the half blood prince and "things I overheard while I was talking to myself" by Alan Alda. I listened to the audiobook of the latter.

I've always liked Alan Alda. He has a lovely voice and an impressive way with words. I'll give his book 4 stars. He gets 5 stars for MASH

Last book I read was The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. That was back in 2011. Haven't read any books since then. I don't have time to sit down and read books.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Last book I read was The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins. That was back in 2011. Haven't read any books since then. I don't have time to sit down and read books.

I sometimes stand when reading. Audiobooks can be listened to while doing other things. It's probably not that you don't have time to read but that you don't really want to. You probably have other things in your life that you want more than reading.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
I sometimes stand when reading. Audiobooks can be listened to while doing other things. It's probably not that you don't have time to read but that you don't really want to. You probably have other things in your life that you want more than reading.
Exactly. Reading is boring. I only do it when I want some information.

Exactly. Reading is boring. I only do it when I want some information.

I can't say I agree reading is boring. Anytime somebody says they are bored, I take it as them being a boring person. Like most things, reading can only be as fun as the reader. Although, I get what you mean. I have often found reading, among other things, boring.

We are all boring at times. Alan Alda said something in is book like "if you're bored, you're not paying attention". I must say, I agree with him wholeheartedly.

I can't say I agree reading is boring. Anytime somebody says they are bored, I take it as them being a boring person. Like most things, reading can only be as fun as the reader. Although, I get what you mean. I have often found reading, among other things, boring.

We are all boring at times. Alan Alda said something in is book like "if you're bored, you're not paying attention". I must say, I agree with him wholeheartedly.
I guess I require more stimulation than a book can provide. I've always felt that books were for educational purposes. For me, entertainment is best with videos and computer games.

A great book, both for learning about our political system, and how to influence people, is Lyndon Johnson, Master of the Senate.

I guess I require more stimulation than a book can provide. I've always felt that books were for educational purposes. For me, entertainment is best with videos and computer games.

Books are most often more thought provoking than videos and computer games. They both require imagination. The difference with reading is, you are required to provide a portion of imagination. Games and videos provide everything. If you don't provide your share of imagination, you will undoubtedly find any book boring. I speaking mostly of novels. There are plenty of educational books that hold no imagination in their pages.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and nukes