it's fat tuesday!!!

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
dammit!! i should be eatin' some king cake and wearin' beads. i don't have the energy to go find the beads. i sho miss mobile right about now...
does anyone love mardi gras, or could you not care less? have you been to any parades, whether in new orleans, biloxi or mobile?

so tomorrow's ash wednesday. the catholics here...you givin' anything up for lent?

Thorn Bird said:
Mardis_Gras_Beads.jpg

I love Mardi Gras! I went to the one in New Orleans about 13 years ago. Galveston throws a Mardi Gras celebration as well. It usually sucks but this year we have such an influx from New Orleans it might be better.

I think this year I am going to give up on giving up something for Lent!

I was at Mardi Gras in New Orleans back in '86. It kicked ass, I got some king cake although I didn't find the baby. Lots of beads...although the shriners only threw beads to the girls with boobs. My parents made sure we were indoors by 6:00 before the "Crazies" came out. Since I was 5 or 6 this meant that my cousins and I sat and played some Super Mario Bros. for like 4 hours straight. For me, that was the best part of Mardi Gras :D

Edit: I'm probably going to make myself a hurricane tonight, anybody want to come over and have one?

Well JJ is outta town, so I guess I'll have to go to the noodie bar tonight if I want to see some bewbies.

Oh wait, that would cut into my WoW raid schedule. :fly:

The baby kept crawling out before I could put the cake into the oven.

bast give me a call and we can tell our wives we're going to a church revival. I'll even yell out a few Amens to make it somewhat valid.

Last edited:
I'm going to throw down at the mardi gras in dunedin this evening. We really should have gone to the Miss Mardi Gras pagent while you were all here for the meet. I'll try to take a pic of "her" float in the parade tonight. :fly:

bast_imret said:
Well JJ is outta town, so I guess I'll have to go to the noodie bar tonight if I want to see some bewbies.

Oh wait, that would cut into my WoW raid schedule. :fly:

She'd be mad if you went without her.

b_sinning said:
bast give me a call and we can tell our wives we're going to a church revival. I'll even yell out a few Amens to make it somewhat valid.

Hey now, I am local too...I want in on this. I need some churchin' up :pandora: