Ontopic It's far easier to enslave a people when they're ignorant

Atan Nolme

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Karningul,Eriador, Endor
Marklar
₥431
How bigger government harms blacks

Walter Williams fans are in for a treat -- and people who aren't Walter Williams fans are in for a shock -- when they read his latest book, "Race and Economics."

It is a demolition derby on paper, as Professor Williams destroys one after another of the popular fallacies about the role of race in the American economy.

I can still vividly recall the response to one of Walter's earliest writings, back in the 1970s, when he and I were working on the same research project in Washington. Walter wrote a brief article that destroyed the central theme of one of the fashionable books of the time, "The Poor Pay More."

It was true, he agreed, that prices were higher in low-income minority neighborhoods. But he rejected the book's claim that this was due to "exploitation," "racism" and the like.

Having written a doctoral dissertation on this subject, Walter then proceeded to show why there were higher costs of doing business in many low-income neighborhoods, and that these costs were simply passed on to the consumers there....

Folks who aren't Walter Williams fans won't read this. High school students who should read this.....can't read. Maybe Dr. Williams should make a movie....like algore did.

May be the only way to reach into the darkness....and bring people to the light.

From the Article:
.....someone called Walter "a white racist." Not many people had seen Walter at that time. But it was also a sad sign of how name-calling had replaced thought when it came to race.

tEKH7.jpg

"How bigger government harms blacks"

Well there's a leap of faith that it doesn't seem Mr. Williams made. Good for pageviews though...

http://www.ronjoneswriter.com/wave.html

Very interesting read on how a teacher turned a school into a fascist state in a matter of days to show students how easily it could happen.

"Although the specter of fascist resurgence seems largely forgotten in the euphoria of German reunification, it may not be far beneath the peaceful veneer of that nation, or any other, for that matter. Even the most ostensibly free and open societies are not immune to fascism's lure - including places like Palo Alto.

What came to be known as the "Third Wave" began at Cubberly High School in Palo Alto as a game without any direct reference to Nazi Germany, says Ron Jones, who had just begun his first teaching job in the 1966-67 academic year. When a social studies student asked about the German public's responsibility for the rise of the Third Reich, Jones decided to try and simulate what happened in Germany by having his students "basically follow instructions" for a day.

But one day turned into five, and what happened by the end of the school week spawned several documentaries, studies and related social experiments illuminating a dark side of human nature - and a major weakness in public education."

I read something not too long ago stating that black children were more likely to grow up with two parents in their households in the time of slavery than now due to current culture of guys hitting it and leaving it and so many being imprisoned due to stupid drug laws. That's a truly sad and horrible thought. I can't imagine the effects that will have on the following generations. Things like that end up hurting the entire society and not just one race in it.

I read something not too long ago stating that black children were more likely to grow up with two parents in their households in the time of slavery than now due to current culture of guys hitting it and leaving it and so many being imprisoned due to stupid drug laws. That's a truly sad and horrible thought. I can't imagine the effects that will have on the following generations. Things like that end up hurting the entire society and not just one race in it.

While I am not so sure about the Slavery Era ( :( ), poor black children during the Great Depression (including the South with its Jim Crow laws) had it better then poor black children born since the "Great Society" programs have been enacted.