GAY IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! V.PRESENTS

Tell me about the kids' mom. What does she do for a living? Do you know her? If so are you friends?

How does child custody work in England? Is it 50/50 or does the dad get them every other weekend like here?

She's a social worker. I don't know her personally just through the kids. She's very amicable and we're friendly enough, no nastiness at all between us or my boyfriend and her.

They have a verbal agreement and he gets them during school holidays, they live in Wales and its a 9 hour+ round journey for him to pick them up and it's about $150 on the train so it can't be every weekend. Legal custody's happen here just like the states but I don't really know many people who have gone through that process including tons of other peoples parents, we just come to agreements a lot of the time.

Are they all close? The kids and the dad I mean. Is he a strong, constant presence in their lives?

He loves them to death, as any dad should. They were seperated for quite a few years but I helped him get back in touch and get to see them etc. when we started dating. Obviously he missed them every day he didn't see them but it was the mother's wish that he wasn't involved, now he's asked for contact back she seems fine with it. I guess feelings die down over years. From what I understand her family didn't like him, but I don't really know every the detail to be honest, nor do I want to know it all. Past is the past.

Just after they seperated temporarily his father died and he was in a really bad place so I guess that goes a little way to explaining why he's been out of contact for so long. It's been 6/7 years and he's only just starting to get over it.

This is all a bit too personal. :lol:

Well good for him. And good for you. I'm glad it's working out. You seem like a very kind and supportive girlfriend, and that's important for everyone. Well done.

Just after they seperated temporarily his father died and he was in a really bad place so I guess that goes a little way to explaining why he's been out of contact for so long. It's been 6/7 years and he's only just starting to get over it.

This is all a bit too personal. :lol:

I'm not trying to be overly personal, I'm just trying to steer it in a more positive direction than people jumping your shit for no reason. I get tired of reading that.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
Well good for him. And good for you. I'm glad it's working out. You seem like a very kind and supportive girlfriend, and that's important for everyone. Well done.

Thanks dude, some people jump the gun and just judge but when kids are involved as you know it's always more complicated than it seems. :)

And yeah, I don't like kids, nor did I ever think I'd be in this position at 21 but if the man comes with baggage and he's the one you love you have to just work with the baggage whatever that may be. :o

I'm not trying to be overly personal, I'm just trying to steer it in a more positive direction than people jumping your shit for no reason. I get tired of reading that.

Werd, it's a bit annoying too considering mostly I like to joke around i.e. 'yeah it's only cos of sechs lol' but some people miss the sarcasm.

Y'all know I'm quite open on the internets but my man isn't the most talkative of types so I feel kind of shitty revealing things is all.

Thanks dude, some people jump the gun and just judge but when kids are involved as you know it's always more complicated than it seems. :)

And yeah, I don't like kids, nor did I ever think I'd be in this position at 21 but if the man comes with baggage and he's the one you love you have to just work with the baggage whatever that may be. :o

You seem very good with kids. I think you like them more than you are willing to admit. Maybe you just don't trust your own trustworthiness? All you have to do is be a positive influence. The big sis that points them in the right direction.

You seem very good with kids. I think you like them more than you are willing to admit. Maybe you just don't trust your own trustworthiness? All you have to do is be a positive influence. The big sis that points them in the right direction.

Aye, they do act differently to me than they would a parent figure which is both good and bad. I like young kids, when they're sullen etc. I don't get it. I think I just don't understand childhood innocence and fun, you forget I was on [M] at like age 12 or something whereas his kids were brought up in a rural area and aren't all street smart etc. I just find the difference between them at 11 and 12 and me at that age very baffling.