It's all so surreal.

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
Austin
Marklar
₥663
I think about weird things sometimes. Like the fact that every single thing we eat is made out of shit. Shit that is billions of years old. Shit within shit. Because everything that exists on this world will never, ever leave. (Not counting via spacecraft, of course.) The water, the minerals, the carbon...all of the essence of everything is trapped on this little sphere and destined to birth and rebirth every single thing we see, know, and touch everyday over and over and over until the end when Scientologists blow us up in the name of Xenu or whatever is supposed to happen.

All of the water has been drunk and pissed out a trillion times. In fact your body is made out of the same shit that once slithered and oozed through some dinosaur's colon. Whenever I cram a forkful of food into my piehole I realize that it's been eaten and digested before countless times. Maybe by birds, maybe by ants, perhaps even by illegal mexicans.

Which brings me rather clumsily and without any finesse whatsoever to my next point. The police in the town where I live have arrested two illegal mexicans. As of sometime yesterday I guess. But not just any illegal mexicans. These ones are special. These ones murdered my friend. They found him last week on a remote back road, in some dense woods a stone's throw from a major highway not far from where I live, shot twice in the chest in the passenger seat of his own car.

The car was banged up, as though it had been in an accident. I'm assuming he hit the mexicans, and one of them pulled a gun and got into his car and either drove him or forced him to drive to where he then shot and killed him....I don't know. Nothing makes sense, and no one saw it. No witnesses, no nothing. Just my friend's body, cold and dead and alone.

It's hard to describe exactly how it makes you feel when you get this sort of news. I just kept picturing him sitting across from me at lunch laughing while at the same time trying to picture him gasping in the front seat of his car with two bullets in him, contemplating his own mortality and that he would likely be dead in a few moments. Forever. Dead for the rest of time. It's weird to think about. Morbid and fascinating and horrible all at once. Alive and talking to you, shaking your hand, discussing the holidays....dead and covered with blood, a mere memory, never to be seen again.

I wonder if he was scared when he died. I wonder if he died struggling and angry, or whimpering and begging. I wonder if he even knew it was coming. I wonder if he got blood all over his suit. Did it hurt? Does it hurt to be shot? I've never been shot before, so how the fuck would I know? What was he thinking about as he was dying? His wife? His dog? His favorite television show or what he ate for dinner the night before? Me and the rest of his drinking buddies? Did he know it was all over? Does death creep up on you, or take over suddenly? What was the last thing he looked at? His foot? The gearshift? A speck of dirt on the windshield? Did the mexicans stick around when they shot him? Did they watch him die? Did they taunt him? Have they killed anyone else? Did he try to talk to them as he gasped for air and life? Did he ask for his mom like they say so many men do before they die? How do his parents feel now, knowing that after they shut the front door that night, as they lay tucked cozily in bed next to one another smiling and dreaming and happy, that their only son was scared and alone and bleeding to death with no one to hold him and tell him that they love him? Do they look back on that blissful sleep with horror? Do they hate themselves for being happy while he was dying? Do they hate themselves for letting him leave late at night to drive home to his wife? Do they wish it had been one of them instead of their son? Are they glad he's dead? What if they actually hated him?

I went by the place where they found him after work tonight. Weird. Literally about two blocks from the highway, but in the middle of thick, dense woods so you feel like you're in the Virginian wilderness and far from being smack dab in the middle of the metroplex. I imagined I was standing in the same exact spot where he took his last breath, though of course I can't be sure. So sad, to die like that. I've been thinking about the guy all day, and I can't stop thinking about him sitting in his own car watching his own blood pump out of his chest, gasping and afraid and dying. My friend, slaughtered like a pig. Back to the primordial sludge and dinosaur shit that we all are, never to be thought of again except for in his friends' brains or from a few scattered photographs.

RIP Frank.

Content: have you ever experienced a friend being murdered or dying? Was it just the weirdest fucking thing in the entire world? Is it weird to try to imagine exactly what the person went through and felt in order to come to terms with it?

Last edited:
Oh and what makes all of this so weird is that I was on the elevator today coming back from lunch, and a coworker of mine said "It's so sad about your friend."

I had no clue what they were talking about. I tried calling the guy a few days ago, but I of course could not have imagined that the reason he didn't answer his cell was because he was dead.

So that's how I found out about it. Today, off-handedly, on an elevator surrounded mostly by strangers, from someone who didn't even know the guy. What the fuck, man.

Most of you know, I had a friend OD about a month or two ago. Surreal is a good word for it. I needed his help the other day, thought about calling him, then had to say to myself, "Oh, he's dead." WTF, its just weird.

I'm sorry man. I've had a few experiences with death and it's really infathomable. The worst part about it, I think, is that panicky feeling you get when you think about that time post-mortem called forever. We, as humans, are so egocentric that it's hard to imagine the world after our death as continuing on endlessly. It's almost like the feeling you get when your floating in the ocean with your feet dangling just knowing that the water is really deep where you are and si much is going on below unbeknownst to you.

When I was in 8th grade I used to walk to school with my buddy. His house was on the way so I would stop in and he would join me for the walk. One morning I was about 15 minutes or so behind schedule. When I got to his house he didn't answer the door. I almost just walked in to yell for him, but figured I would press on given that I would probably be late anyway. As I walked down his driveway to the street the pool guys showed up. I nodded and kept going. Minutes later, according to reports afterwards, they smelled something funny, went inside the house, and found my buddy, his mom, and their collie dead in the hallway and his stepfather dead leaned against the back of the car in the garage with a martini next to him. He had tried to kill himself, but the fumes traveled inside the house and snuffed out everyone just as it seemed they realized something was amiss.

I didn't find out until after school that day. It's really something when your mind goes numb over all of the possible scenarios that could have played out. What if I had gone in to get him? Could I have prevented this somehow? If not, how would I have dealt with seeing the four of them dead? Fuckin' senseless, man.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss. Nothing can really compare to the feelings we have when we come to the realization of how fragile we really are.

My thoughts are with you.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Losing someone because of a murder is one of the worst things. When I was 12, my aunt Robin was murdered by her husband. She had left him and went back to her parents house where he tracked her down. He broke into the house, knocked my grandmother unconscious and then shot my aunt 35 times with a 30/06 rifle. He then took his own life.

When they replaced the carpet in that bedroom last year I saw the bloodstains on the hardwood floor, one just inside the doorway and the other next to where her bed was.

:heart:

i had an older guy i was friends with when i was 9-10. I walked his dog for him and we had a vegetable garden in his back yard. He was a good family friend and lived accross the street.

He got shot by someone trying to rob him and walked over to our house. My mom wouldnt let me see him :(

The bullet pierced his lung and he died in our front yard. His family came a few days later to clear out his house and they gave me an E.T. to remember him by. i still have it.

R.I.P. Bill

Bubbles said:
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I've never lost a friend and cannot fathom what you are really going through. :heart:

When did this happen and how did they find the mexicans?

I honestly don't know how they found the guys. There were no witnesses. I don't know if it was evidence at the scene or if they blabbed to someone. But either way it's weird, because usually illegals just want to glide by under the radar. It's how they stay in the country. So I don't know. I called the police department and asked, but they said that at this point they were only commenting on it to the family.

I also called the funeral home where the viewing was (which I of course didn't know about) and they said he had been cremated, so I can't even go pour out a forty on the fgt's grave.

Damn life is weird. I wonder what it's like to grow up in Chechnya or one of those bloody African nations. I'd probably have been through this about 4 dozen times by now.

pa said:
i had an older guy i was friends with when i was 9-10. I walked his dog for him and we had a vegetable garden in his back yard. He was a good family friend and lived accross the street.

He got shot by someone trying to rob him and walked over to our house. My mom wouldnt let me see him :(

The bullet pierced his lung and he died in our front yard. His family came a few days later to clear out his house and they gave me an E.T. to remember him by. i still have it.

R.I.P. Bill

Damn dude. :(

This is like the worst thread ever.

Sarcasmo said:
Damn dude. :(

This is like the worst thread ever.

death is only bad if you take it that way. I remember bill and that makes me happy. Remember the good things and know that they are in a better place.

Sarcasmo said:
I honestly don't know how they found the guys. There were no witnesses. I don't know if it was evidence at the scene or if they blabbed to someone. But either way it's weird, because usually illegals just want to glide by under the radar. It's how they stay in the country. So I don't know. I called the police department and asked, but they said that at this point they were only commenting on it to the family.

I also called the funeral home where the viewing was (which I of course didn't know about) and they said he had been cremated, so I can't even go pour out a forty on the fgt's grave.

Damn life is weird. I wonder what it's like to grow up in Chechnya or one of those bloody African nations. I'd probably have been through this about 4 dozen times by now.

whoa, you really were left out of the loop on this one. :(

Bubbles said:
whoa, you really were left out of the loop on this one. :(

Tons of people were. I told about a dozen people yesterday. It all happened last week, just like that. Murder, viewing, cremation. Lickety split. His family was there, his closest friends, and his coworkers, none of whom I really know. Circles of friends don't always intersect, and many people are often left to the grapevine as their only source of news. I managed to get ahold of his best friend last night, only because he worked with him, and he actually apologized for not knowing how to get ahold of me. I felt so bad. He just lost his closest buddy and here he was apologizing to me.