Ontopic It starts with parental influence

Snopes says:
..."Yet the electrical discharge mayhem doesn't end there: folks doing the dishes and taking baths and showers have also been harmed by bolts from the sky.

Lightning strikes into the ground near homes have sent devastating jolts up pipes and into sinks and bathtubs. Metal pipes used in household plumbing provide effective conduits for the massive electrical charges released by even a single bolt."
Most new construction uses pex instead of copper so it's a non issue these days.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
LOL

I knew someon who made 2 meals. I was like WTF, why can't your kids eat what you're having. It's not like it was a special neal either, they just got the fryer out for the kids stuff and did something else for themselves.
Maybe they don't want fish fingers or hot dogs or spaghettios for dinner.

I like diet drinks. :iono:

I have a bottle or two of diet iced tea a day. Sometimes a can of diet soda with lunch.

It's a treat for me. A bit of something sweet for no calories.

How many of you parents are dealing with this ridiculous standardized testing shit?
Ours were just cut back this year after the miserable failure of PARCC or whatever it was. Such a waste of time for everyone. Except for the graduation tests I see no point in any of them.