It may be Florida, but its still the South sometimes

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥83,255
Steam
mattressfish
What would drive a man to install something like this in their vehicle?

Pr0n(122).jpg

Pr0n(123).jpg

That window unit can only be cooling like 3 cubic feet of air. Seriously, what in the hell?

Content:

* Come up with a logial reason for doing this

* Post your cellphone pics

* List and modifications that you have done to your vehicle

* the A/C in his truck was broken, installing that probably cost about $50 from walmart.

* I don't have a camera phone.

* That's a pretty long list.

CletusJones said:
* the A/C in his truck was broken, installing that probably cost about $50 from walmart.

I think window units run a bit more than that, usually around 2 or 3 hundred bucks, dont they?
Maybe he just ripped that one offa his trailer house. I wonder how he has that thing wired up. One of those a/c car or whatever they are would work, but Id think an ac unit like that would pull too much power for it.

Drool-Boy said:
I think window units run a bit more than that, usually around 2 or 3 hundred bucks, dont they?
Maybe he just ripped that one offa his trailer house. I wonder how he has that thing wired up. One of those a/c car or whatever they are would work, but Id think an ac unit like that would pull too much power for it.
Exactly. Starting up the compressor takes a shitload of juice. Not to mention that window units put in too small of a space are bad for the unit, as they don't run long enough to get shit really pumping...

Drool-Boy said:
I wonder how he has that thing wired up. One of those a/c car or whatever they are would work, but Id think an ac unit like that would pull too much power for it.
I saw a post about a guy who put one in his truck, pics and everything. He cut the back wall and mounted the thing down low behind the driver's seat. He used a dc/ac inverter and said he had no problems.

For a Dakota, there are two choices for alternators, a 97A and a 135A. If he's got the 135A one, it shouldn't have any issues running that A/C unit. Judging the truck based on pic, that looks to be a 93 - 94 model year Dakota, which was equipped with R12 for the A/C still. The window unit was probably cheaper than fixing his A/C in the truck.

CletusJones said:
I saw a post about a guy who put one in his truck, pics and everything. He cut the back wall and mounted the thing down low behind the driver's seat. He used a dc/ac inverter and said he had no problems.

For a Dakota, there are two choices for alternators, a 97A and a 135A. If he's got the 135A one, it shouldn't have any issues running that A/C unit. Judging the truck based on pic, that looks to be a 93 - 94 model year Dakota, which was equipped with R12 for the A/C still. The window unit was probably cheaper than fixing his A/C in the truck.

I saw that too! think it was automay...wonder if this is the same truck??

ChikkenNoodul said:
Ayuh, 7.3litre IDI turbo diesel

25-26 currently, it can be a little higher going downhill a lot of course :D

I was passing cars going uphill at 70 towing a loaded trailer a few weeks ago :fly:
It still amazes me that diesels never caught on here. I guess the artifically low gas prices had a lot to do with that...

ChikkenNoodul said:
And artificially high diesel prices.

A lot of it is probably the early 80's diesel cars that smoked and ran like shit

Now it's really the EPA's fault there aren't more here

Nothing like hearing a diesel Rabbit 3 blocks before you saw it.....

ChikkenNoodul said:
And artificially high diesel prices.

A lot of it is probably the early 80's diesel cars that smoked and ran like shit

Now it's really the EPA's fault there aren't more here
They still smoke like a mofo tho, although isnt there some fuel that reduces that or something (I dont know too much about them).

However, I used to change oil for a living and nothing was crazier than changing a diesel. Not only did the shit stain your hands for days, but you could run it 15 seconds after putting in fresh oil and the shit was dark as night.

I rented nothing but diesels when I was in Spain, France & Portugal for 2 weeks last summer...they totally won me over