It just occured to me...

S

smileynev

...how sad it is that Obi Wan and Anakin had to face off against each other. And that Obi Wan had to try and kill his pupil, a little boy that he had nurtured from childhood. Its truly tragic, and I think its part of the reason he felt the need to die in Episode 4.

Desslock said:
Nah he's been wanting to lay the smackdown on that whiney bitch for a long time.

you are so fucking right it's not even funny. I'd have been dying to cut that chump into a steaming pile of emo

BigDov said:
stfu fatty

Its hard not to be. Anakin never had a father. And the one man he looked up to he turned on. The man that should have protected him from the evils of the Emperor let him down.

smileyfat said:
Its hard not to be. Anakin never had a father. And the one man he looked up to he turned on. The man that should have protected him from the evils of the Emperor let him down.

He caved in to outside influences and evil manipulations from the Emporer....... Obi-Wan was powerless to see what was going on.

smileyfat said:
Granted, Anakin didn't have a father but there are many other reasons why he went to the dark side. The primary one was that he was an angsty (OMG CRAWLING IN MY SKIN) teenager that Obi Wan couldn't comfort. He was always breakin the law marrying senators and stuff, he was ripe for the emperor's taking.

CletusJones said:
Granted, Anakin didn't have a father but there are many other reasons why he went to the dark side. The primary one was that he was an angsty (OMG CRAWLING IN MY SKIN) teenager that Obi Wan couldn't comfort. He was always breakin the law marrying senators and stuff, he was ripe for the emperor's taking.

If he had had the proper guidance this never would have happened. The emperor would have been killed and the republic never would have fallen. If he had grown up in a more privileged environment, maybe he would have turned out differently.

smileyfat said:
If he had had the proper guidance this never would have happened. The emperor would have been killed and the republic never would have fallen. If he had grown up in a more privileged environment, maybe he would have turned out differently.
That's the problem when you turn a slave into a jedi.

That kid just needed his ass whipped once in a while
Obi wan was all hippy huggy feely with him. He shoulda turned that kid over his knee and warmed that ass once in a while.