It has become apparent to me...

I

ieyeasu

That I really can't rely on anyone.

I mean, at nineteen, I feel like most people can look at their parents and say, "You know, I'm not wise, and I'm not responsible, but I know that my parents are, and that they'll take care of me, even though I'm technically an adult."

But here I am, at nineteen, barely knowing what's what, hardly able to make it at all, wasting a fortune on an education that I'm not applying myself to--and my parents continue to show me why I'm a fuckup--because I was generated by fuckups, and they continue to be fuckups--fuckups that I can't really lean on for too long before they show themselves to be unworthy of the task.

Yeah, yeah...Angst and I'm an ungrateful little shit. But recent events warrant it, trust me.

April23 said:
I say get into gear and quit whining. You are in control of your own life.

Absolutely agreed. It would be nice to see a little inspiration, though.

ieyeasu said:
Absolutely agreed. It would be nice to see a little inspiration, though.
Find what inspires you, doesn't have to be your parents. Go get some chick pregnant, thats the answer. :tard:

April23 said:
Find what inspires you, doesn't have to be your parents. Go get some chick pregnant, thats the answer. :tard:

Nope, don't want to continue the family tradition.

EDIT: Really, I'm just feeling righteously indignant, and I feel like I earned it. It's not that I can't lean on my parents materially that really upsets me; I've done well enough on the loans. It's just that I'd like to be able to look up to my parents as better, wiser people than myself, and I can't. That's really sort of disappointing, especially when it had looked like for a long time that they'd become exactly that.

use this as a turning point in your life...you can either wake up being 40 years old still whining how your parents fucked you up or wake up being an adjusted person who realizes that everyones parents fucked them up in some way or other and that's just part of life...life gives you what you make of it, and in the end it has little or nothing to do with your parents

why_ask_why said:
use this as a turning point in your life...you can either wake up being 40 years old still whining how your parents fucked you up or wake up being an adjusted person who realizes that everyones parents fucked them up in some way or other and that's just part of life...life gives you what you make of it, and in the end it has little or nothing to do with your parents

This is all true, I just needed to whinge. I feel better now.