IT guys

I remeber back when I was a PC tech I use to get tons of workorders with people having sound problems with their PCs. I'd get there and they wouldn't have any speakers. The user would be sitting there saying I turned it up as loud as I could in Volume but still can't hear anything.

b_sinning said:
I remeber back when I was a PC tech I use to get tons of workorders with people having sound problems with their PCs. I'd get there and they wouldn't have any speakers. The user would be sitting there saying I turned it up as loud as I could in Volume but still can't hear anything.
"Do I have a soundcard?"

"Yes."

"Why can't I hear anything?'

"You don't have speakers."

If I had a dollar for every time I've had that conversation...

b_sinning said:
I had to sit down with Nortel and Bellsouth for a few hours earlier and begin working on prices for a phone switch upgrade and move. Fun stuff. Just got back from making sure our new Streaming Theater camera system was ready for testing.

I helped setup a very sweet video conferencing system yesterday. I can't remember who makes it. You have a wireless tablet that controls everything including the automatic cameras.

theac showed me a kickass system like that. It was in some fancy conference room at the CNN center.

I'm often very suprised how up to date technology wise we typically are. I don't think we are and then I go to training or conferences with other Universities or School systems and they are bragging about just getting rid of the last of their dos and windows 95 machines.

b_sinning said:
I'm often very suprised how up to date technology wise we typically are. I don't think we are and then I go to training or conferences with other Universities or School systems and they are bragging about just getting rid of the last of their dos and windows 95 machines.
We're just getting AD...

SpangeMonkee said:
theac showed me a kickass system like that. It was in some fancy conference room at the CNN center.

you visited and didn't let me know? :mad:

I work on the exec floors...99% of those rooms are on those floors and I know how to run them all...not very hard actually

b_sinning said:
I would love to get a tour of the cnn building. That would kick ass. God I'm a nerd.

Yes, but we love you anyway. Especially since most of the people on this forum are either nerds themselves or married to one.

b_sinning said:
I would love to get a tour of the cnn building. That would kick ass. God I'm a nerd.

anytime man... my badge opens pretty much every door in the whole building :cool:

b_sinning said:
growing up in the Atlanta public school system I probably went on half a dozen tours of that place :lol:

why_ask_why said:
anytime man... my badge opens pretty much every door in the whole building :cool:
but that'd be much more awesome than a field trip :o

LOOK KIDS, THE BIGGEST ESCALATOR IN THE WORLD

FlyNavy said:
growing up in the Atlanta public school system I probably went on half a dozen tours of that place :lol:

but that'd be much more awesome than a field trip :o

LOOK KIDS, THE BIGGEST ESCALATOR IN THE WORLD

lol, escalator...think I've been up that thing once to fix a pc/kiosk computer on the tour years ago

I remember four specific things about the tour. The escalator, the piece of the Berlin wall, standing in front of the blue screen, and looking down at the news desk being told "you'd be on TV if the cameras were raised just two inches".

there are three field trips that school kid in Atlanta experiences at least once

CNN
The MLK Center
and my favorite, Fernbank! :D:D:D