WTF Isn't English weather great?

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Ready for some Heroin
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
For my 21st birthday last month DJB and Mrs DJB brought me two tickets to go and see Pride & Prejudice as an outdoor theatre show. The performance is one day only (today) and it has been raining and thundering for 2 hours now. Apparently on the website bad weather =

NO REFUNDS!!

Fucking great. :mad:
I thought August was supposed to be summer.

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Ready for some Heroin
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Yup, and I enjoyed exactly none of it as usual. It only occured to me last week that it's starting to get a lot darker again. Sure when I was younger summers used to be months long, now winter is about 10 months of the year.

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Ready for some Heroin
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
We've had more rain this summer as well

I usually love rain. No problem with it raining most the time. Flapril can confirm that I was pining for English rain after staying in FL for a while but for just this day I'd like it to be nice. I love Jane Austen and want to see the play dammit. I was planning on going backstage before the performance and hogtying whoever was playing Elizabeth so I could take her place on stage with Mr Darcy. I know all the lines anyway.

:shifty:

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
Summer
Summer's lasted just as long as normal here. The stretch of next 10 days is actually predicted to be the longest stretch over 110 we've had all year.