Isn't being intolerant of intolerance intolerant?

KNYTE said:
I'm short (5'6), I got teased and berated about it all through childhood, doesn't that make me a minority?
No, that just makes you an angry short person.

fly said:
What if you were a minority. Wouldn't you want to be treated fairly? You're damn right you would. This country was founded on the idea of fairness (even if it wasn't properly executed at the time.) Either you're with us or against us.
You still get treated differently based on smaller things. Education level, career, etc. Everyone is a minority of one. -__- This of course runs counter to my belief that everyone is not unique or special. I am working on rectifying that though.

If there wasnt people worse off than you, more stupid, or convicted felons there wouldnt be much of a social system now would there?

fly said:
What if you were a minority. Wouldn't you want to be treated fairly? You're damn right you would. This country was founded on the idea of fairness (even if it wasn't properly executed at the time.) Either you're with us or against us.

fairness is understandable. but no one gives a shit about your race, color or creed. honestly, how many people do you know that do care? Your grandparents can't be included b/c they come from a different era.

SpangeMonkee said:
fairness is understandable. but no one gives a shit about your race, color or creed. honestly, how many people do you know that do care? Your grandparents can't be included b/c they come from a different era.
There are still a ton of people that give a shit about that stuff. Pretending that racism/hate is dead is probably the worst mistake we, as a society, can make. With all due respect, ask a black friend of yours if he/she still sees people lock their doors when they are next to em on the street, or if they get crappy service at a resturant, or plenty of other stupid things that ignorant people do.

We have certainly progressed from voting rights and bathrooms, but integration isn't a success yet. With work, by the time your daughter grows up, I don't think her minority friends will have any problems. But if we decide not to talk about what happened and why all that shit was wrong, things will slide right back. It's partially human nature, as hunter/gathers we needed to be able to spot differences in human. Hell, there is a small portion of our brain that does nothing but that. So it isn't an easy thing to dispell. That's why we can't just let it slide.

fly said:
There are still a ton of people that give a shit about that stuff. Pretending that racism/hate is dead is probably the worst mistake we, as a society, can make. With all due respect, ask a black friend of yours if he/she still sees people lock their doors when they are next to em on the street, or if they get crappy service at a resturant, or plenty of other stupid things that ignorant people do.

We have certainly progressed from voting rights and bathrooms, but integration isn't a success yet. With work, by the time your daughter grows up, I don't think her minority friends will have any problems. But if we decide not to talk about what happened and why all that shit was wrong, things will slide right back. It's partially human nature, as hunter/gathers we needed to be able to spot differences in human. Hell, there is a small portion of our brain that does nothing but that. So it isn't an easy thing to dispell. That's why we can't just let it slide.

The only racism I've seen is black people hating white people.

KNYTE said:
I'm short (5'6), I got teased and berated about it all through childhood, doesn't that make me a minority?

you're only 5'6"?

LOL....LOL......LOLLOLLOL

fly said:

I am truly aghast and disturbed by this post. It is as if the world has turned on its side.

fly said:

hell, yeah, i lock my doors when i see a black man coming. i also lock my doors when i see a white man coming. it's about being female for me. i trust no one.

Thorn Bird said:
hell, yeah, i lock my doors when i see a black man coming. i also lock my doors when i see a white man coming. it's about being female for me. i trust no one.
I can confirm that she locks the doors when she sees me coming.

If I lived in Pleasantville I wouldn't care. But alas, I don't. :(

In Realtown, USA people are assholes and will screw you over or kill you for $5. I don't care if you're black, white, yellow, green, or purple. So I guess I am racist, since I hate everyone. But yes, the whole thug lyfe thing seems to give blacks an edge in the popularity polls, and they do it to themselves. If you can't figure out the connection between dressing and acing like a retarded, useless thug and people treating you like a retarded, useless thug, it's not my problem.

Sarcasmo said:
If I lived in Pleasantville I wouldn't care. But alas, I don't. :(

In Realtown, USA people are assholes and will screw you over or kill you for $5. I don't care if you're black, white, yellow, green, or purple. So I guess I am racist, since I hate everyone. But yes, the whole thug lyfe thing seems to give blacks an edge in the popularity polls, and they do it to themselves. If you can't figure out the connection between dressing and acing like a retarded, useless thug and people treating you like a retarded, useless thug, it's not my problem.
:rolleyes: