Halp Is your brained messed up?

Is your brain weird?

• No, I see images if I want to

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think dreams are really different from being able to see things with your eyes closed. I have a strong imagination, but I don't see things when I close my eyes. I do have incredibly vivid dreams, and can sometimes control them. Last night not so much. Very unsettling dreams.
So interesting, I had just inexplicable dreams last night, travelling, looking down and seeing myself sleeping, and someone else dreaming with me? Who.

It was a new kind of experience for me.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
I'm pretty sure the only differences here are perception. What we perceive "seeing" things is, when you close your eyes. Some may be more pedantic about the meaning and say no, because they literally can't see anything with their eyes closed. Others less pedantic are believing they can see something from thoughts.

thats what im saying, but these people say they see images.

Like lucid dreaming?
I think maybe. I've had some lucid dreams before (I think, I mean how do you classify?) when I was going through reiki training especially. And not counting any trips of any kind.

This one last night was so different, and I'm not even sure how to describe it. I'm not working today partly because I want to think about it. I wrote some things down as soon as I awoke to try to capture it before it wore off.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
How 'bout them sleep paralysis? Any one of you shat your pants recently?

I usually have those once every few months, mostly with some very disturbing hallucinations and an ear piercingly loud scream/sound.

Few weeks ago I had 4 in a row (2 of with hallucinations) and was a train wreck the whole day. Fuck that shit, it still gets me off guard from time to time after all these years.

I usually have those once every few months, mostly with some very disturbing hallucinations and an ear piercingly loud scream/sound.

Few weeks ago I had 4 in a row (2 of with hallucinations) and was a train wreck the whole day. Fuck that shit, it still gets me off guard from time to time after all these years.

The old hag dream. I've had it a few times.
Terrifying.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
The old hag dream. I've had it a few times.
Terrifying.

I'm usually used to being terrified, but last year I had a horrible one that I can not forget.

I woke up as I was grabbed by the neck, this "The Ring" type of girl was screaming into my ear at the top of its lungs. I was wide awake, but I couldn't move. It must have been a good 30 seconds. I couldn't sleep the whole night again as I really didn't want it to happen again. I was scared shitless even though I knew it was a brain fart.

So interesting, I had just inexplicable dreams last night, travelling, looking down and seeing myself sleeping, and someone else dreaming with me? Who.

It was a new kind of experience for me.

This is a thing. Where you can look over/down & see yourself, see around you.

Also, you can learn to control it so you can 'see' others, & visit them too.

When you call your gf the next day and ask her if she crashed on the couch last night wearing the sweatshirt you got her & she says 'uh, yeah. did we talk about this already? I feel like we did.' me: nope. just wondering. . . . O_O

So I looked into this. & there's info out there that says this is a thing. & I totally believe it. & it's happened to me rarely, but more than once.

I don't really 'know' what to do with it other than 'yeah, it happened.'

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots

Used to get those all the time, but got so used to them that when they started happening I knew it and would push myself back to full sleep. Haven't had any in recent memory, it's like paralysis was like "fuck this bitch is on to our game, peace out"

Used to get those all the time, but got so used to them that when they started happening I knew it and would push myself back to full sleep. Haven't had any in recent memory, it's like paralysis was like "fuck this bitch is on to our game, peace out"

This is usually the case with me too, but sometimes the hallucinations are so strong, "real" that it terrifies me.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Same. Trained myself to recognize the pattern, i have mid lucent dream paralysis tests I perform to break the spell.
I try and walk in the dream but instead float around like a balloon.
By the time I've bounced off the floor the 2nd or 3rd time I laugh so hard I wake up.

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD