Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,417
Before you click yes on the poll let me explain.

I woke to a weird message from the boyfriend this morning asking me if, when I imagine things and close my eyes, can I see the thing I'm imagining? To which I replied yes of course, I can see people, actions, see beaches if you want me to, see all manner of things with my eyes closed, isn't that normal?

Well apparently it is and isn't. The poor boy has just learned today that most people in the world when asked to think of a red triangle, then close their eyes and see one, can do so. He can't see a single thing when he closes his eyes, no matter how hard he tries. If I ask him to see his own face when he closes his eyes he can't do it. We then were discussing music, and he can't even hear music in his own head, he can sing the instruments as he calls it, but he has no copy of the original music to listen to in his head. I can play whole albums back to front with all instruments and the exact vocalist in my head, but he's unable to and this shocked him because he didn't even know most people go about their lives seeing all sorts of shit just by willing themselves to.

So anyway, can you see images with your eyes closed, can you hear music exactly in your own head? Or are you dysfunctional and a robot like my boyfriend? I'm interested to see if anyone else is part of this minority.

I see dead people.
Well see this is one of the pros for him. He can hear about awful shit but not imagine it playing it out in his head. Sometimes when I watch horror flicks I cant even sleep because I play some of the scenes in my head whenever I close my eyes.

He was reading an article where some guy discovered he was a weirdo for not seeing things, realised that most people can recall images of their dead relatives etc if they wanted to and then he got super depressed because he couldn't. Poor fucker.

Also I asked both his parents and they were pretty sketchy too. Seems like this is a faulty family gene or something. His mother couldn't even see his sisters face if she tried, and the dad could imagine a beach but it wasn't animated and he couldn't see it as a gif rather than a jpg.

Also I asked both his parents and they were pretty sketchy too. Seems like this is a faulty family gene or something. His mother couldn't even see his sisters face if she tried, and the dad could imagine a beach but it wasn't animated and he couldn't see it as a gif rather than a jpg.

Id tell you to dump him but no one around here will fucking listen to me. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make the stubborn cunt drink.

Id tell you to dump him but no one around here will fucking listen to me. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make the stubborn cunt drink.
Oh I dunno, he's the best prospect I've had for a while. @fly, @APRIL, @dbzeag and @Mustard Dispenser were pretty keen on giving him the reach around too when they saw him a few weeks ago. He's cuet.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
I've read about this condition before. Luckily, neither apply to me. Although, at times, I wish it did.
Oh cool. It's completely new to both of us as of today. How did you get to hearing about it, through work?

There's definitely pros and cons to both. He sleeps so easily at night time without fail, I wish I could do that and not have reruns of all sorts of shit going on to keep me awake.

Oh cool. It's completely new to both of us as of today. How did you get to hearing about it, through work?

There's definitely pros and cons to both. He sleeps so easily at night time without fail, I wish I could do that and not have reruns of all sorts of shit going on to keep me awake.

No, something that came up randomly on the internet a year or so back, probably on IFLS.

it's not a disability. It's just a different set of specs in the GPU is all.
Oh I dunno, he's starting to feel weird about not being normal :lol:

I think it really does explain having slightly number emotions though; for example when someone describes something awful to me I have more a reaction because I can imagine and see it happening - he just hears things and it seems awful on a purely academic level.