Is this so unusual?

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Planet Hell
Marklar
₥0
Today at lunch break I had to get out of the office so I went to a local restaurant, ordered and got my food, sat down at a table, got the book out that I’ve been keeping with me for just this type of situation, and started to read while I ate. A total stranger stopped at my table, asked what I was reading, commented that he doesn’t see many people doing that, and we got into a regular conversation about books and that book in particular.

I looked around, and realized that I was the only person in the place how had a book, in fact the only person who was reading anything. Does anyone else do this, or am I totally weird? :wtf:

Yes, I know I'm weird, my question is just how weird am I? :tard:

I like to read while eating, that's not so unusual. I don't do it in public though as I like to keep an eye on my surroundings.

jaxxor said:
I like to read while eating, that's not so unusual. I don't do it in public though as I like to keep an eye on my surroundings.

Always on the lookout for a good place to shit? :fly:

jaxxor said:

Never know what might be lurking around the corner, hmmm? Maybe April, coming to eat your food when you're not looking :eek:

ChikkenNoodul said:
I've seen other people doing it, not so strange

But then again, there isn't much that's 'strange' in Boston

I didn't think it was so strange, I've done it for a long time :confused:

On the other hand, now he's going to read the book and give me his opinion of it if I see him again. Apparently he goes to this place fairly often, as do I, our paths just hadn't happened to cross before. There's nothing like finding a new book buddy :cool:

I read when eating by myself if I get a chance. But I never bring anything of my own to read. Thats just....odd.

DW said:
I didn't think it was so strange, I've done it for a long time :confused:

On the other hand, now he's going to read the book and give me his opinion of it if I see him again. Apparently he goes to this place fairly often, as do I, our paths just hadn't happened to cross before. There's nothing like finding a new butt buddy :cool:

fixed for :fly:

DW said:
Never know what might be lurking around the corner, hmmm? Maybe April, coming to eat your food when you're not looking :eek:

or another squad of robot ninja assassins :eek:

It just occurred to me that I really have no business posting in a thread about what is or isn't unusual :fly: