Is this so unusual?

Not at all, I read while walking through busy places, I read while eating, I even read in the shower if it's a really good book. I feel kinda dorky sometimes though, it's quite nice when someone doesn't think you're an idiot for actually reading. Every morning when I go to my tram stop this old man is always getting his car out and we talk in passing about what book I'm reading that day, and if I don't happen to have one in my hands he asks where it is. :D

jaxxor said:
or another squad of robot ninja assassins :eek:

It just occurred to me that I really have no business posting in a thread about what is or isn't unusual :fly:

True, that's like the pot calling the kettle black :fly:

Nemo said:
Not at all, I read while walking through busy places, I read while eating, I even read in the shower if it's a really good book. I feel kinda dorky sometimes though, it's quite nice when someone doesn't think you're an idiot for actually reading. Every morning when I go to my tram stop this old man is always getting his car out and we talk in passing about what book I'm reading that day, and if I don't happen to have one in my hands he asks where it is. :D

Great! :D

I read when I'm taking a nice, long bubble bath, but how do you manage it in the shower? :confused:

DW said:
Great! :D

I read when I'm taking a nice, long bubble bath, but how do you manage it in the shower? :confused:

With difficulty, although once you get the hang of it you rarely get a drop on it. I suppose it only works with small paperbacks but you just hold it with your left hand (if right handed) and do your hair etc with the right. I find it works okay. :)

Nemo said:
With difficulty, although once you get the hang of it you rarely get a drop on it. I suppose it only works with small paperbacks but you just hold it with your left hand (if right handed) and do your hair etc with the right. I find it works okay. :)

PICS :fly:

i read before bed and when i feel bored, but um.. i might read a magazine while eating but not a book, i'd find it distracting...

ChikkenNoodul said:
I've talked to divers that read paperback novels during decompression stops, apparantly if you tear a book into sections one section will last through a dive pretty well

wait...books underwater?

Nemo said:
When I'm really reading, the food is the distraction. :p

hence why i read the magazine, not cos i have a monkey about my food... ;)

DW said:
now he's going to read the book and give me his opinion of it if I see him again. Apparently he goes to this place fairly often, as do I, our paths just hadn't happened to cross before. There's nothing like finding a new book buddy :cool:
he wants you

when I was waitressing, we had people reading all the time. mostly alone business travelers who had no one to talk to and didn't want to stare into an empty booth for a half hour. or nerds who were waiting around to see what other magic players would show up.

kristchan said:
he wants you

I doubt that very much :lol:

when I was waitressing, we had people reading all the time. mostly alone business travelers who had no one to talk to and didn't want to stare into an empty booth for a half hour. or nerds who were waiting around to see what other magic players would show up.

I worked at a fast food place for a while. I saw a few people reading, but not many.

i may do the crossword puzzle if i am alone and have the time. other than that, i eat when i am at the table, nothing else. food is serious business.