Is there anyone here that thinks a tax rebate is a good idea?

um, ALL of those need to be cut down severely. yes, even the 1%ers because that's still billions of dollars being wasted

the majority of that are things that could easily be handled at the state level. the same amount of money would go into them but each state would be responsible for it's own transportation, agriculture, education and welfare so that no other state is picking up anyone else's slack

Don't get me wrong; I agree with the idea that we need a smaller government (although in many cases, I prefer federal over state). My point is that there's no way to do it as a politician. Government only gets bigger and stronger through the process of representative democracy when people only have time for soundbites instead of real understanding.

um, ALL of those need to be cut down severely. yes, even the 1%ers because that's still billions of dollars being wasted

the majority of that are things that could easily be handled at the state level. the same amount of money would go into them but each state would be responsible for it's own transportation, agriculture, education and welfare so that no other state is picking up anyone else's slack

Or hey, maybe the taxes should just be collected at the state level and skip the extra bureaucracy... Nah, THATS JUST CRAZY!!!

Don't get me wrong; I agree with the idea that we need a smaller government (although in many cases, I prefer federal over state). My point is that there's no way to do it as a politician. Government only gets bigger and stronger through the process of representative democracy when people only have time for soundbites instead of real understanding.

true but I disagree that people only have time for sound bytes. people simply don't care

I know my way (well, the way of the guys that actually founded this country) isn't going to happen without some massive revolution or some other cataclysmic event but I still believe it's the way things should be.

true but I disagree that people only have time for sound bytes. people simply don't care

I know my way (well, the way of the guys that actually founded this country) isn't going to happen without some massive revolution or some other cataclysmic event but I still believe it's the way things should be.

Its impossible to undo without... and I feel like an idiot saying it... a revolution.

I don't think it's going to do a damn thing.

Hold on to your wallet if the Dems get elected....it's all FUBAR :mad: