Is there anyone here that thinks a tax rebate is a good idea?

maybe because a lot of people working helps the economy a lot more than a lot of people selling their houses for a profit?
i thought a lot of the boom came in the form of home equity loans used finance other stuff.

but fair enough. maybe the stimulus package will only stimulate inflation.

i thought a lot of the boom came in the form of home equity loans used finance other stuff.

but fair enough. maybe the stimulus package will only stimulate inflation.

maybe it did :eek:

and whatever this stimulates it's still not going to be enough. the problem isn't that people are lacking a few hundred bucks, the problem is that we have a wasteful federal government that wants more money to pay for things it has no authority to operate in the first place

if we want to fix the county - and the economy right along with it - we need to start cutting back on that three trillion dollar organization

maybe because a lot of people working helps the economy a lot more than a lot of people selling their houses for a profit?

One of the problems with the tech boom were the freaking morons that had no business using a computer went to cert classes, took tech jobs purely for the money and started making 50-75k a year overnight.

Now we're stuck with a whole lot of fake computer nerds in the industry.

One of the problems with the tech boom were the freaking morons that had no business using a computer went to cert classes, took tech jobs purely for the money and started making 50-75k a year overnight.

Now we're stuck with a whole lot of fake computer nerds in the industry.

I remember back in the day ISPs and pc makers would only hire computer nerds for their phone banks, now they have all the level 1 idiots reading off a script. :(

YES I ALREADY POWER CYCLED THE FUCKING MODEM NO IM NOT DOING IT AGAIN

I remember back in the day ISPs and pc makers would only hire computer nerds for their phone banks, now they have all the level 1 idiots reading off a script. :(

YES I ALREADY POWER CYCLED THE FUCKING MODEM NO IM NOT DOING IT AGAIN
it's too bad those scripts aren't on the internet somewhere. It'd be nice to be able to say "hello, please skip to step 17"

How in the fuck is $600 gonna help the "Americans that are really hurting"? Yeah, my $2000 mortgage payment is 3 months late. Thanks for the $600 tho! And we have to borrow to give out this money. That only means that I'm going to pay $1000 for it later. Seems so shortsighted...

well, dumbasses that got a house they couldn't afford to match their car they can not afford, will go and spend the money on a big screen tv instead of paying for their own health care. Thus, bringing retail sales up.

So many people not wanting to be accountable for their actions. *yawn* It makes me sleepy...

maybe it did :eek:

and whatever this stimulates it's still not going to be enough. the problem isn't that people are lacking a few hundred bucks, the problem is that we have a wasteful federal government that wants more money to pay for things it has no authority to operate in the first place

if we want to fix the county - and the economy right along with it - we need to start cutting back on that three trillion dollar organization

64747a3a4c8b0b4f.gif

The politician's dillema ... find something on there that's big enough to be worth aiming for, and yet won't just get you voted out next round around after a media blitz about why won't you think of the <insert group>.

um, ALL of those need to be cut down severely. yes, even the 1%ers because that's still billions of dollars being wasted

the majority of that are things that could easily be handled at the state level. the same amount of money would go into them but each state would be responsible for it's own transportation, agriculture, education and welfare so that no other state is picking up anyone else's slack

Last edited: