Is there anyone here that thinks a tax rebate is a good idea?

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,291
Steam
mattressfish
How in the fuck is $600 gonna help the "Americans that are really hurting"? Yeah, my $2000 mortgage payment is 3 months late. Thanks for the $600 tho! And we have to borrow to give out this money. That only means that I'm going to pay $1000 for it later. Seems so shortsighted...

Plus, isn't there more important problems in America that we need to take care of first? Yes we need to fix the economy, but chump change for all isn't going to make a dent in it.

I know a family that has a 2-family house with a unit that has been vacant for a few months (And they can't afford to sell because of the down real estate market in their area) and the mortgage would get paid thanks to the rebate. It will help some people, and that's all that matters to me :halo:

You must be wealthy to have a $2000 a month mortgage :fly:

$600 check doesn't go far around here either. Double to triple that is what I paid in taxes last year alone. that's the shitty part about being self-employed. D:

$600 will get me that car stereo upgrade I've been eying. Though I'm just as likely to send it to Canada and drop it on my student loans there. That'll help free up some capital up there where they're hurting so bad right now.

$600 will get me that car stereo upgrade I've been eying. Though I'm just as likely to send it to Canada and drop it on my student loans there. That'll help free up some capital up there where they're hurting so bad right now.

:lol: You are as bad as the Mexicans down here.

The rebate has nothing to do with actually helping people. It's only to help the economy in a whole. They know that 80% of people will get the rebate check and immediately go spend it at their local Walmart and such in turn boosting the amount of money spent for that year. They are basically giving money to just get it right back again in a different form. If you really want to mess their entire plan up you take your rebate and put it into savings and not spend it.

They have hopes that we are just on a slump and that over time it will improve. We are not at recession point yet. They were hoping that our GNP would grow about 5% this last quarter and it only went up around 1%. As long as that number does not go into a negative we are still ok. When the GNP does not increase as projected that’s when they attempt to just start things with rebates and rate cuts.