WTF Is There A Line You Don't Cross Or Is Everything Fair Game?

Would you lie, cheat or steal if

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There may be lines I don't cross out of a personal code but I don't hold others to that. Anything is fair game, there is no subject too sacrosanct to debate or make light of. Religion, disease, war, etc.

Unconsenting sex? Slavery? Murder? To name a few that might just be a little...erm....too far?
There may be lines I don't cross out of a personal code but I don't hold others to that. Anything is fair game, there is no subject too sacrosanct to debate or make light of. Religion, disease, war, etc.

too far for what, though?

OK fair point...Too far to be acceptable, (in most cases that is...it's the murder that is difficult...I guess I can go along with certain cases) or condone, or to be a party to. Also isn't there the moral imperative that societies use and shape to bring about order...agreed lines?

OK fair point...Too far to be acceptable, (in most cases that is...it's the murder that is difficult...I guess I can go along with certain cases) or condone, or to be a party to. Also isn't there the moral imperative that societies use and shape to bring about order...agreed lines?

I think society has a lot to do with it to maintain a sense of decorum, but there's also a very deliberate and subjective sense of personal guilt and culpability that "prevents" a person from doing certain things.

That said, I think the easier it is to get away with shit, the more a person would be inclined to try it or keep doing it without punishment.

If you put a person in the right scenario, they will do almost anything.

I think society has a lot to do with it to maintain a sense of decorum, but there's also a very deliberate and subjective sense of personal guilt and culpability that "prevents" a person from doing certain things.

That said, I think the easier it is to get away with shit, the more a person would be inclined to try it or keep doing it without punishment.

Agree with your main body but I think your second point depends on criteria that differ dependent on demographics, values, morality, compliance etc Harsh punishments don't necessarily mean less crime. in fact I don't think that they prevent those who do crimes where punishment is set to stun from going about there business.

More to the point...where is your line? ;0

If you put a person in the right scenario, they will do almost anything.

That's a bit of a no brainer to be fair, like we will ALL(?) kill if needs be or we will ALL(!) lie if needs be to see what sort of outcomes you would get you would need a control GROUP...possibly various different outcomes?

Mind you during the global 1939-45 war in Nazi held territories, the only group who identified themselves by their beliefs (religion?) and did not compromise those beliefs to pander to the master race in any way were the Jehovah's witnesses. The most shocking sell-out was by the catholic church who accepted and tolerated abortions but actually provided nuns to help carry out the godly tasks

What would you do?

That's a bit of a no brainer to be fair, like we will ALL(?) kill if needs be or we will ALL(!) lie if needs be to see what sort of outcomes you would get you would need a control GROUP...possibly various different outcomes?

Mind you during the global 1939-45 war in Nazi held territories, the only group who identified themselves by their beliefs (religion?) and did not compromise those beliefs to pander to the master race in any way were the Jehovah's witnesses. The most shocking sell-out was by the catholic church who accepted and tolerated abortions but actually provided nuns to help carry out the godly tasks

What would you do?

But that's my point, no one has a line.