Food The (not so) delicious food thread

mine just went in the oven a bit ago. Spatchcocked it... and then the oven door got stuck locked, so emergency measures were taken and it got deconstructed to fit in the countertop oven. Then.... as soon as i put it in the countertop oven, the door lock on the oven resolved itself.

Big bird this year, 20lber. All the small birds were sold out

I didn't know they made oven doors lock now.
Most self-cleaning ovens have had it for last 20+ years. Some ovens do it automatically at X temp(550f?) as a safety feature - containing a blaze being considered better than someone opening the door to said blaze and realizing they can't dive in there to re-shut it. Some attorney sued like fuck in in the mid 90 after some kid got their face burned off and they all adopted it - ok, I made that up but it could be true :)

Most self-cleaning ovens have had it for last 20+ years. Some ovens do it automatically at X temp(550f?) as a safety feature - containing a blaze being considered better than someone opening the door to said blaze and realizing they can't dive in there to re-shut it. Some attorney sued like fuck in in the mid 90 after some kid got their face burned off and they all adopted it - ok, I made that up but it could be true :)

The lawsuit thing wouldn't surprise me a bit.

I suppose burning everything down to the finest of ash is "self cleaning".

suppodly mine gets up to close to 950 degrees in self clean mode.... thatll blast your face off good if you open the door suddenly

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
suppodly mine gets up to close to 950 degrees in self clean mode.... thatll blast your face off good if you open the door suddenly
In one of Jeffery Steingarten’s books, he’s fucking around with pizza recipes when he finds out his oven can hit those temps on self clean mode, so he fired it up and got a pizza in. It locked with the pizza in there and he had to watch it slowly turn to dust while smoking the hell out of his house

I have seen 850+ in manuals for some.
Older ones still didn't have a door lock.
Anything with a clock on it could be made to only do that at 3am every fourth Sunday or whenever.
Or just let Darwin handle it.

In one of Jeffery Steingarten’s books, he’s fucking around with pizza recipes when he finds out his oven can hit those temps on self clean mode, so he fired it up and got a pizza in. It locked with the pizza in there and he had to watch it slowly turn to dust while smoking the hell out of his house
One of my co-workers removed the safety latch on his and does self-clean pizza, apparently it works really well.