Food The (not so) delicious food thread

It's the same shit you get at the store, probably brought in from the same Chilean fish farm conglomerate.

And it's barely even salmon, it's probably a salmon/rainbow-trout cross that's bred for fast and large growth to maximize ROI, and fed the cheapest food possible. But since it's a salmonoid, they can call it "salmon".

Keep telling yourself it's good/special/whatever, though.

It's the same shit you get at the store, probably brought in from the same Chilean fish farm conglomerate.

And it's barely even salmon, it's probably a salmon/rainbow-trout cross that's bred for fast and large growth to maximize ROI, and fed the cheapest food possible. But since it's a salmonoid, they can call it "salmon".

Keep telling yourself it's good/special/whatever, though.

I like to take it on camping trips.

Peanut butter ice cream bars with milk chocolate. Most excellent.
View attachment 12045
I'm making a pina colada ice cream pie tomorrow. Co-worker threw the recipe together and brought some into work today, and it came out awesome.

His recipe:

Heat on medium one can of coconut milk and one cup of cream
Add, 1/4 cup of sugar, a pinch of salt
Whisk until steaming
In a separate bowl whisk 5 egg yolks and 1/4 cup of sugar until the yolks lighten
Temper the yokes by slowly pouring 1/2 cup of the cream mix in.
Remove cream mix from heat and whisk in egg yolk.
Return to heat until steaming again (5-10mins) custard should thicken and coat the back of a spoon.
Pour custard in a glass bowl and allow to cool and or refrigerate. Stir often.
Start ice cream maker and pour in custard, while waiting, drain half a can of crushed pineapple.
Fold in pineapple + 1 tbsp rum just before the ice cream is done
You could also add some toasted coconut for flavor and texture.

I'm doing the same recipe, but firing it in a graham shell when it's done.