Food The (not so) delicious food thread

04WNLqh.jpg

Made ice cream s'more sandwiches.

Ice cream came from this recipe, though I didn't blacken the marshmallows like he did, just got them a nice brown color in the toaster oven.

Outside is graham crackers with milk chocolate melted onto them.

And the thing on the left is a mold I made on the 3D printer that makes assembling them stupid easy.

Made ice cream s'more sandwiches.

Ice cream came from this recipe, though I didn't blacken the marshmallows like he did, just got them a nice brown color in the toaster oven.

Outside is graham crackers with milk chocolate melted onto them.

And the thing on the left is a mold I made on the 3D printer that makes assembling them stupid easy.

This looks much tastier than your bean condoms.

Anyone good at quiche?
I keep trying to make them, and they're never quite right. They taste good, but they don't have the fluffy texture you'd expect.

Ladybutt likes onion & swiss cheese, topped by already-crisped and crumbled bacon. Brown the onion in a skillet to drive off water, add an entire bunch of fresh chopped scallions (not browned). Pre-bake the pie shell, dump the onion into it, generously top with shredded swiss (like, 3/4 of a pound). Pour into and through it a mix of eggs & milk. Cover with crumbled bacon, stick it in the oven.

It always turns out runny. Good, but runny.

Bake longer? Mix differently? Other?

Anyone good at quiche?
I keep trying to make them, and they're never quite right. They taste good, but they don't have the fluffy texture you'd expect.

Ladybutt likes onion & swiss cheese, topped by already-crisped and crumbled bacon. Brown the onion in a skillet to drive off water, add an entire bunch of fresh chopped scallions (not browned). Pre-bake the pie shell, dump the onion into it, generously top with shredded swiss (like, 3/4 of a pound). Pour into and through it a mix of eggs & milk. Cover with crumbled bacon, stick it in the oven.

It always turns out runny. Good, but runny.

Bake longer? Mix differently? Other?
Quiche is a British speciality. I feel like @DJBrenton may have a few tips in lieu of Joes mother being a member here. She makes quiche all the damn time.

Use more egg. The amount of egg determines how set the custard is. Try using eggs the next size up then checking after the normal cooking time. If still not set enough, cook a little longer. Another improvement is to use some cream with the milk. I'm also wondering if fresh scallions are steaming and adding moisture. They do have a high moisture content.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I'd hit up seriouseats, find an alton brown recipe, or some other "we tried this and optimized this so it sets right" recipe.
Copy the proportions of ingredients they're using.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor
The quiche I make is similar to this - it produces a much better result than one made in a pie plate

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor