Food The (not so) delicious food thread

Wegmans had clearance boneless pork roasts right before the crazy started so I bought two and threw them in the freezer.

Took out one, a 4 pounder, and halved it.

One half is simmering in a Dutch oven with Apple cider vinegar, chicken stock, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, curry powder, coriander, paprika, salt and pepper.

When the pork is done simmering I’ll toss in some red lentils and simmer those.

Gonna roast the other half and have a veg and starch with it for dinner.

Viva la Virus!

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and fly
This weekend's project: cheese curds, using this method.

Got rennet. Using plain 'ol grocery store milk. Got cultured buttermilk which I'm gonna use instead of mesophilic culture. Gonna use my sous vide crock pot to do the job.

Now if only hoarders didn't raid all the potatoes/french fries from the grocery store...

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and fly
YOU should like it - it's other name is "slimehead" :fly: :p

7a6ecb5335fc9031b87bcbd77ed103af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This weekend's project: cheese curds, using this method.

Got rennet. Using plain 'ol grocery store milk. Got cultured buttermilk which I'm gonna use instead of mesophilic culture. Gonna use my sous vide crock pot to do the job.

Now if only hoarders didn't raid all the potatoes/french fries from the grocery store...

Please post your completed recipe!!

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I batch cooked pasta sauce and bolognese sauce today for freezing so we have fresh veg ready to eat when needed. Tomorrow we're having a spinach daal. I think food distribution will be back online by mid next week so there's no food shortages planned which is good. Amazingly nobody has thought to stock up on wine right now, the aisles are full of booze. It feels decided un-British.

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: adi and wetwillie