Food The (not so) delicious food thread

At no point did I make that argument. I mean, it's probably more efficient to eat soylent green!

I know it makes no sense that I’m responding to this quote, but I’m compelled to.

I think we have a program available here to compost your corpse as opposed to convention body disposal, which is hard on the planet. A body creates about 1 square yard of compost material. Links to follow, in this delicious food thread.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and wetwillie

Excerpt:

2. Solutions for increasing the efficiency of traditional meat production are almost exhausted.
Arable land is shrinking due to global warming and urbanization, meaning devoting more land to grain production comes at the cost of valuable natural habitats such as rainforests. The availability of fresh water to maintain fertile land is another concern. According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and Aquastat, global agriculture already uses around 70% of this “blue” water. The intensification of agricultural production is also reaching its limits, as resistance to modern agrochemicals rises, and intensive cropping, rotation and drainage practices have already damaged soil biodiversity. Finally, managing livestock is becoming more challenging as issues around the use of antibiotics, public health scandals and animal welfare climb higher on the popular agenda.

I know it makes no sense that I’m responding to this quote, but I’m compelled to.

I think we have a program available here to compost your corpse as opposed to convention body disposal, which is hard on the planet. A body creates about 1 square yard of compost material. Links to follow, in this delicious food thread.

I read about this. Was gonna post something about it and forgot to.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant