Food The (not so) delicious food thread

I made collard greens (and corncakes) for the first time on New Years day. Apparently it's supposed to be good luck to eat them on that day.

dEXUfNT.png

Co-worker bought one of these with his christmas bonus. Looks really well designed.

Cost him about $250 CAD with taxes/shipping to get the kit here. He got a barrel off kijiji for 25 bucks, assembling it this weekend.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and fly
Co-worker bought one of these with his christmas bonus. Looks really well designed.

Cost him about $250 CAD with taxes/shipping to get the kit here. He got a barrel off kijiji for 25 bucks, assembling it this weekend.
Neat

Big Poppa aka Sterling Ball, owner of MusicMan. Or just the son of Ernie.

Big Poppa aka Sterling Ball, owner of MusicMan. Or just the son of Ernie.
Holy shit I didn't even notice... I never dug into "big poppa smokers" beyond the product page and the assembly video embedded into the page.

Sure enough, it's Sterling Ball playing some "IM BIG POPPA AND I WIN ALL THE BARBECUE AWARDS AND I SELL THESE WINNINGEST DRY RUBS BUY THEM" aggravating pitmaster character, just like every other pitmaster character :lol:

Threw this together for a co-worker - how to make weed banana bread. Maybe someone else on here will find it useful.

Leave out the whole kief part of it, and it's still my "optimized and tuned over the years" banana bread recipe.

Threw this together for a co-worker - how to make weed banana bread. Maybe someone else on here will find it useful.

Leave out the whole kief part of it, and it's still my "optimized and tuned over the years" banana bread recipe.

The kief part is (sort of) how to make hashish (kinda).

For extra badass "wet bread" replace the milk with sour cream or cream cheese and use brown sugar and throw in a shot glass of honey and/or maple syrup.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
For extra badass "wet bread" replace the milk with sour cream or cream cheese and use brown sugar and throw in a shot glass of honey and/or maple syrup.
If you go with sour cream, you'll want to replace the baking soda with baking powder. The acidic sour cream will react out most/all of the baking soda at the outset, so you'll end up with a fluffy batter that flops in the oven.

Brown sugar isn't really necessary, but with rum/vanilla/chocolate already in there, that flavor dimension is well covered.

If you go with sour cream, you'll want to replace the baking soda with baking powder. The acidic sour cream will react out most/all of the baking soda at the outset, so you'll end up with a fluffy batter that flops in the oven.

Brown sugar isn't really necessary, but with rum/vanilla/chocolate already in there, that flavor dimension is well covered.

Was trying to remember a recipe off top of my head and ya I think you're right with powder vs. soda with the sour cream. Was very good recipe.
The molasses in the brown sugar would cover the syrup part. The honey still adds a hint of flavor something going on aside from that.

I have too many ways of making banana bread sometimes they get mixied up.