Food The (not so) delicious food thread

your citizenship has been revoked
I had a butter chicken poutine years ago at La Banquise in Montreal. They're pretty much the poutine institute, and if they think it's fair game, then I'm OK with it.

Deportation orders exist for people who think gravy and grated mozza (or worse, grated cheddar) on shitty fries is a poutine.

Or the brew pub next to work that served me a poutine that they baked in the oven, in a French onion soup dish. Mmm, soggy fries in a bath of melted cheese and gravy... maybe the next person who gets served that will burn the place down so I don't have to.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
I had a butter chicken poutine years ago at La Banquise in Montreal. They're pretty much the poutine institute, and if they think it's fair game, then I'm OK with it.

Deportation orders exist for people who think gravy and grated mozza (or worse, grated cheddar) on shitty fries is a poutine.

Or the brew pub next to work that served me a poutine that they baked in the oven, in a French onion soup dish. Mmm, soggy fries in a bath of melted cheese and gravy... maybe the next person who gets served that will burn the place down so I don't have to.
Montreal is the worst place in Quebec to get a poutine after Gatineau, they cater to tourists too much. The best poutines come from the little roadside casse-croutes in small towns. Salty, dark brown gravy and an artery clogging amount of curds over hand cut fries is the way to go.

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: adi and wetwillie
Montreal is the worst place in Quebec to get a poutine after Gatineau, they cater to tourists too much. The best poutines come from the little roadside casse-croutes in small towns. Salty, dark brown gravy and an artery clogging amount of curds over hand cut fries is the way to go.
A fromagerie in Tetford Mines is the best poutine I had in my life, bar none. Massive cheese curds and I've never had anything so squeaky in my life.

Glen & Friends has a squeaky cheese curds recipe up I'll be trying once I'm unpacked in the new house.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: adi
200103474Resized20200103000247.jpg
Makin' some bucketmeat.

Random cheap beef roast the grocery store had. Using the amazingribs recipe with all the optional additions, using montreal steak spice for the pickling spice...

When it's done, it'll be smoked to make pastrami. I've made this a few times now and it's damn good.