Food The (not so) delicious food thread

• Love
Reactions: adi
  • Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I was peacefully taking a dump and THIS triggered me. Must go look at our pizza cutter.
I feel so dirty - it's riveted together.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: Immigrant and adi
I was peacefully taking a dump and THIS triggered me. Must go look at our pizza cutter.
I feel so dirty - it's riveted together.

I’m kind of a germaphobe at times, totally the opposite at others.

@adi i wasn’t knocking your pizza cutter. It is by far more stylish, and likely more ergonomic. A few germs never killed anyone anyway.

my perfect pizza recipe

dough: maida or white flour 4 cups multigrain flour 1 cup 2 teasp salt 2 cups water warm 1 teasp sugar 2 teasp dry yeast or whatever yeast you use in proportion
keep the whole wheat (multigrain) flour handy when kneading the mix is wet-ish
after kneading keep covered in fridge for a day and a half use a big enough bowl coated with olive oil it may double in size or more
use fresh yeast avoid yeast thats been lying around at home for ages (edit, add olive oil to the dough before mixing, around 1/4 cup or little more)

pizza sauce: boil around a kilo of tomatoes the redder and fleshier ones work best dont cook them though once the skin starts tearing drain water start removing the skin and cut only the top bit
add olive oil in a vessel heat it and add one chopped onion if big and basil leaves when onions are soft add chopped garlic it will cook really quickly then add the tomatoes and simmer add salt and one teaspoon sugar and some oregano when done, crush the tomatoes while cooking takes around an hour use whatever you want to crush but if using a blender dont overdo it my sauce is actually quite dry and slightly chunky
when its almost done add some more oregano and basil leaves

flatten the dough when its ready (after second proofing) a tennis ball size (before proofing) makes a decent pizza size around 10" - 11" max any thinner and i dont like the pizza, sprinkle a bit of salt
spread sauce dont layer it too much sprinkle salt and grated pecorino (be generous with the pecorino) then add fresh buffalo mozzarella tear smallish pieces with your hand and spread evenly then add the freshest pepperoni you can find and sprinkle some salt and olive oil and put in oven till top is quite brown turn it a bit to brown consistently
the sprinkling salt bit before the oven is very important but dont go nuts with it unless its your thing
use flour when spreading the dough, on both sides (thanks valve baba)
i use a wine bottle like i saw this famous pizza guy use on yt it works well

:):p

Last edited:
the transfer bit is up to you and the heat bit im sure it will defer according to type of oven and some other stuff so didnt mention that

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
my perfect pizza recipe

dough: maida or white flour 4 cups multigrain flour 1 cup 2 teasp salt 2 cups water warm 1 teasp sugar 2 teasp dry yeast or whatever yeast you use in proportion
keep the whole wheat flour handy when kneading the mix is wet-ish
after kneading keep covered in fridge for a day and a half use a big enough bowl coated with olive oil it may double in size or more
use fresh yeast avoid yeast thats been lying around at home for ages

pizza sauce: boil around a kilo of tomatoes the redder and fleshier ones work best dont cook them though once the skin starts tearing drain water start removing the skin and cut only the top bit
add olive oil in a vessel heat it and add one chopped onion if big and basil leaves when onions are soft add chopped garlic it will cook really quickly then add the tomatoes and simmer add salt and one teaspoon sugar and some oregano when done, crush the tomatoes while cooking takes around an hour use whatever you want to crush but if using a blender dont overdo it my sauce is actually quite dry and slightly chunky
when its almost done add some more oregano and basil leaves

flatten the dough when its ready a tennis ball size makes a decent pizza size around 10" - 11" max any thinner and i dont like the pizza, sprinkle a bit of salt
spread sauce dont layer it too much sprinkle salt and grated pecorino (be generous with the pecorino) then add fresh buffalo mozzarella tear smallish pieces with your hand and spread evenly then add the freshest pepperoni you can find and sprinkle some salt and olive oil and put in oven till top is quite brown turn it a bit to brown consistently
the sprinkling salt bit before the oven is very important but dont go nuts with it unless its your thing
use flour when spreading the dough, on both sides (thanks valve baba)
i use a wine bottle like i saw this famous pizza guy use on yt it works well

:):p

Look at you Pro Pizza Guy!

• Gravy
Reactions: adi