Food The (not so) delicious food thread

AuEk70I.jpg

One of the farm breweries is having their official ribbon cutting opening day thing tomorrow.

I'm making beer braised short rib tacos. I used a Norwegian farmhouse style ale they make called Gjaerkauk, a can of which we gave to @fly and @APRIL

I put in shallots, garlic, onions, bell pepper, Togarashi powder, salt, pepper, Chili oil, dark soy, beef base, and some rice wine vinegar.

Tomorrow I'll pickle some shallots and red cabbage to go on top.

We'll have some refried pinto beans and yellow rice on the side.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and APRIL
One of the farm breweries is having their official ribbon cutting opening day thing tomorrow.

I'm making beer braised short rib tacos. I used a Norwegian farmhouse style ale they make called Gjaerkauk, a can of which we gave to @fly and @APRIL

I put in shallots, garlic, onions, bell pepper, Togarashi powder, salt, pepper, Chili oil, dark soy, beef base, and some rice wine vinegar.

We haven't tried it yet! I've been marveling at the can art as it's really impressive. Probably the nicest beer cans I've ever seen in my long life.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138

Might crack that bad boy open this weekend!

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
I used a fat separator on the short rib gravy. It didn't do the solid fat cap thing in the fridge.

Then I hit the veggies I put in with a stick blender to make a sauce.

Things are looking god.

Chopped up some red cabbage and tossed it in a large mason jar with some salt and rice wine vinegar.

Gotta make the rice and beans too.