Food The (not so) delicious food thread

I actually came up allergic to cheese on an allergy test a while back. I still love cheese though it's my downfall.
People say dairy is physically addicting, idk. I totally miss sharp Cheddar and cooked Brie. The best fakes are Chao slices and a Havarti wedge from another company. I use nutritional yeast and tahini in/on things. For yogurt and cream cheese, kite hill is really good. Sour cream is ok by soylicious.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
People say dairy is physically addicting, idk. I totally miss sharp Cheddar and cooked Brie. The best fakes are Chao slices and a Havarti wedge from another company. I use nutritional yeast and tahini in/on things. For yogurt and cream cheese, kite hill is really good. Sour cream is ok by soylicious.
Cheese is physically addicting. I forget the name of the ingredient but there is some ingredient in cheese that induces dopamine release in the brain there for causing the addiction to kick in. I also when I eat cheese other than getting sick I get that addictive fix like I can feel the dopamine being released in my brain. It's possible not everybody gets that and being the cheese is not that healthy I'm jealous of them.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
The dopamine release happens because cheese is awesome and who wouldn't get a feelgood rush from eating awesome.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
You tried Toffuti? - near the cream cheese at grocers that have it. Made from tofu, almost pure white and tastes a hella lot like cream cheese.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Cheese is physically addicting. I forget the name of the ingredient but there is some ingredient in cheese that induces dopamine release in the brain there for causing the addiction to kick in. I also when I eat cheese other than getting sick I get that addictive fix like I can feel the dopamine being released in my brain. It's possible not everybody gets that and being the cheese is not that healthy I'm jealous of them.

I heard fat is really addicting. I read an article a long time ago that a huge % of the reason we like butter is the mouth feel. That our bodies crave fat.

I've been leaving skins on most things. Brush the veggies down, but leave the skins on.
Quick skins joke.
Newly wed couple rents a cabin at a small campground for their honeymoon. They're not seen for a few days. Finally they come out and the owner says "so there you are, thought maybe you were dead."
"Oh, we were living off the fruits of love."
"Ok, well please stop throwing the skins out the window, the ducks choke on them."

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Amstel