Food The (not so) delicious food thread

@Mr. Asa if the pupper left you any habañeros, I heartily recommend this recipe

It mellows after a few days to a nice sweet heat.
Update: finally got around to making this tonight. Amazed the habaneros lasted this long in the fridge. Picked up twice the size of a can of peaches that I needed, but didn't bother doubling the rest of the ingredients.

It hasn't mellowed out yet, but so far I can't taste any peach in it - it tastes like mustard and scotch bonnets. Reading the reviews on allrecipes, most people are saying the recipe needs to have the mustard cut back.

Oh well. Gonna see what happens to it over the next few days.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and wetwillie
Update: finally got around to making this tonight. Amazed the habaneros lasted this long in the fridge. Picked up twice the size of a can of peaches that I needed, but didn't bother doubling the rest of the ingredients.

It hasn't mellowed out yet, but so far I can't taste any peach in it - it tastes like mustard and scotch bonnets. Reading the reviews on allrecipes, most people are saying the recipe needs to have the mustard cut back.

Oh well. Gonna see what happens to it over the next few days.
best hab based sauces ive found are made with carrots as a heavy ingredient. Fruits are good too (peaches, mangos, etc). But they are too "watery" if that makes sense to majorly contribute to the flavor. The flavor per unit area isnt intense enough

best hab based sauces ive found are made with carrots as a heavy ingredient. Fruits are good too (peaches, mangos, etc). But they are too "watery" if that makes sense to majorly contribute to the flavor. The flavor per unit area isnt intense enough

i made a habanero sauce with mangoes, and it's great if you simmer it long enough to evaporate a lot of the liquid

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
Peaches can be grilled. I wonder if that would help.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer